Tiablo A10 or Jetbeam RRT-1

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Missing my Tiablo A10 (Sold it) and have been thinking of getting another. Has anyone compared the Jetbeam RRT-1 to the A10? I did some searching and read a lot of threads but have seen no comparisons between these two.

I've seen the RRT-1 beamshots in the latest thread- that's why I'm wondering. Thanks

clintb

Enlightened
No doubt about it, the A10 will throw further than the RRT-1, but that's only with the single stage module in the A10. With that, you're limited to one output, and only one, whereas the RRT-1 still has three outputs, plus strobe (yipee). For versatility, the RRT-1 is the choice. For the record, I have both.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
A10 single stage is definitely the winner in throw, but I'm not so sure about A10 with multi stage compared to RRT-1. Although A10's multi-stage has PWM effects while RRT-1 doesn't and IMO looks better too. =)

radu1976

Enlightened
TIABLO A8 - if it can still be found - or A9 with aspheric lens !
naughty.gif

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for all the responses so far. All I used was the single stage high, it was like a laser. I did not like the UI but I heard the G version was a little friendlier.
The RRT-1 is a little more versatile, maybe if I can get a deal, I'll try that.

I know- buy both!

droeun

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the responses so far. All I used was the single stage high, it was like a laser. I did not like the UI but I heard the G version was a little friendlier.
The RRT-1 is a little more versatile, maybe if I can get a deal, I'll try that.

I know- buy both!

I have an RRT-1 for sale if you want one, it's rarely used and is a shelf queen. It's about 2 months old - PM me if interested.

clintb

Enlightened
The RRT-1 is a MUCH higher quality product, no doubt.
Having both lights, I'm not sure I could crown one to be of better quality over the other. At least with the units I have, they're equally defect free and just plain work the way they should. Now, the RRT-1 certainly has the usability over the single stage A10...

Patriot

Flashaholic
I've been very happy with my RRT-1. It's been a flawless light. If it's behind the A10 in throw, it's by no significant amount from the tests I've seen. I would instead base your purchase off of all the other features you prefer since performance is so close.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same difficult decision not that long ago.

In the end I went for the Raptor, and I am yet to regret my decision!

:D

henry1960

Enlightened
I had the same difficult decision not that long ago.

In the end I went for the Raptor, and I am yet to regret my decision!

:D

I think the RRT-2 Raptor is a better light hands down.

All though i do not have the A10, I do have the RRT-2 and love the modes 30-100-240 Lum. and the throw and runtime on a 18650 Battery is a nother story in it self :twothumbs