what did i just make?

simn22

Newly Enlightened
just out of interest i gutted a generic LED flashlight and jerry rigged it up again

the inside was very simple...

DSC_0326.JPG

led.jpg

can someone tell me what that resistor thing is on the + line?

there are currently 3- AAA's, what would happen if i use another combination like 2-AA's or 4-AAA's?

this is the first time im actually experimenting with the lights.

OutTheFront

Newly Enlightened
Oh, good idea. Those 3AAA, 9 5mm LED lights are everywhere. Wonder what we can make out of them.

Sorry can't help with what that resistor is. I think all direct drive lights have a resistor.

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, simn22.

Guys, we are in the presence of greatness here. McGizmo started out like this. Well, maybe not quite like this, lol, but...

You never know! simn22 could well be the lighting genius of the upcoming decade!

Moving this to the H&M section.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
LOL...
OP, using metal wire twist ties to hold your cell pack together could place you at risk of a short. rubber bands, duct tape, electrical tape or something similar will be safer and not really alter the cosmetics of your project.

Heres how to decipher the color bands on the resistor:
http://www.elexp.com/t_resist.htm

welcome to the CPF mods sub forum!!
:welcome:

Last edited:

Ajay

Enlightened
GHETTOISM!!!

I like it!!

You should see my desk lamp...CPU heat sink + AMC7135 circuit + Cree Q5 bolted directly to the wall and powered by 5volt wire from my PC. Wires hanging out everywhere.

Keep up the good work Dr. Frankenstein...errr I mean Simn22

:nana:

Kestrel

Flashaholic

Guys, we are in the presence of greatness here. McGizmo started out like this. Well, maybe not quite like this, lol, but...

You never know! simn22 could well be the lighting genius of the upcoming decade!

Exhibit # 1:

Exhibit # 2:
pixar_luxo.jpg

(c) Pixar Studios, all rights reserved, & all that stuff...

Coincidence??? :huh:

Last edited: