Surefire Customer Service (Great!)

spinkid

Newly Enlightened
I Just received my Surefire M2 today and was excited to actually see what 120 lumens of nice white light looks like. BAM!! Shot down like a unlucky kid on prom night. The bulb did not work. The 65 Lumens is nice though. But I called Surefire Customer service and spoke to a nice representative. He just asked for my address and said he would ship one right out to me. I was totally shocked that dealing with any customer service dept. could be so pleasant. The fact that it was so easy helped with my let-down of 120 Lumens of light.

guncollector

Enlightened
I have to report another excellent bit of Customer Service.

I spoke with the CS Rep "Don" and inquired of getting just some lanyard rings for my 2 9AN's. He informed me that the Z12 lanyard ring by itself was discontinued--but that he'd "try and scrounge" some up for me.

Today, two new-in-pack Z12's arrive in my mail, gratis mind you.

Thank you, Don & Surefire!

P.S. They sure do make it difficult to stay continually upset with them on the continuing B90 battery fiasco.
wink.gif

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just today, I also had a truly excellent experience with the Surefire support staff.

I emailed them last night about a prematurely blown lamp on one of my Surefires, and voila...I get an email today apologizing for the inconvenience it caused me, and that a new replacement lamp was already on its way to me.

Thank you, Surefire!

Bernhard

Newly Enlightened
I also has nice time dealing with SF customer service when my M4 lexan lens melted. They ask nothing, just asking me to send back my melted lens, and replacing it straight away with new Pyrex bezel. I live in Australia, and they even ship it using DHL, maybe because it is faster. I can't imagine any customer service better than SF customer service. Thank you SureFire!

duffahtolla

Newly Enlightened
I read here that you can make the surefires more water resistant by adding a second o-ring. I checked my Z3 and sure enough there was a spot for a second o-ring.

I checked the surefire website to purchase one. Did a google to see if anyone else carried them. Found NADA!

I called support and asked where I could get one. He explained that they were just common o-rings available anywhere and that they didn't sell them. He asked if mine were damaged, and I told him no, I was just beefing up the water seal.

He then offered to toss a couple into an envelope and mail them my way free of charge. I was so shocked that he would do such a nice thing for me that I declined. It was my first time dealing with surefire tech support. He gave me the sizes and I thanked him and went to home depot to pick some up.

Truely nice people there.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm... does that mean anyone can just get a free lamp assy from em even tho they don't have a SF light just by e-mailing em? That's kinda like cheating....

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Originally posted by Nerd:
Hmm... does that mean anyone can just get a free lamp assy from em even tho they don't have a SF light just by e-mailing em? That's kinda like cheating....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Locks are for honest people, and the scammers ruin it for everyone else...human nature, I guess.

Kirk

Enlightened
Hey All!
I, too, have had a very positive experience with Surefire Customer Service. I bought an E1 and didn't want the pocket clip. The instructions said just to remove the Allen screw that holds on the clip. Well, MY clip was held on by a big old stainless steel rivet. I called Surefire C/S and they suggested they ship out a new bezel with the riveted-on clip which I could "experiment" with. When I got it, I taped up all around the clip to protect the finish, got out the Dremel tool and ground off the rivet head. Then I polished up the stud that was left and now it looks and works much better. I think this is very good service. They could have just said "that's how we make them now, live with it".
Kirk

WhiteAsSnow

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Nerd:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Replace "cheating" with "stealing" and you'd be correct.
icon13.gif

(It does seem like it would be easy to scam them, though.) However, there CS have been excellent for me, as well.

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm but den again, who would wanna have a Lamp assy if they don't have the light?

"WHAT?~!?, why the hell did you get that for? You are going to WhAt!~~ NO! You can't epoxy the lamp assy to some crazy battery assy and expect it to work! I had Enuff of YA! You are nutS! You stealing b*st*rd!"

guncollector

Enlightened
"WHAT?~!?, why the hell did you get that for? You are going to WhAt!~~ NO! You can't epoxy the lamp assy to some crazy battery assy and expect it to work! I had Enuff of YA! You are nutS! You stealing b*st*rd!"
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Umm, has someone been forgetting to take the Lithium again?

Size15's

Flashaholic
In case anyone thinks darell has gone nuts [if you need to discuss this, please start a thread in the Cafe], I removed the two posts he was referring to. Guncollector certainly seemed to have an itchy clicking finger - triple-posting... I don't see that very often!
rolleyes.gif
tongue.gif
wink.gif

Al
grin.gif