Surefire L4 has ruined me

computernut

Enlightened
I just got a Surefire L4 120 lumen and it's quite bright compared to my other lights which are all 50-65 lumens. Now when I fire up my other lights it feels like they are dimmer than they used to be. Those damn chip weevils! I've never seen the orignal L4 to compare the beams but I'm quite happy with the hotspot. Outdoors it has more throw than I thought it would and it really lights up the area on the trail. I'm carrying it with an F04 on it since I'm having a problem with bezels wearing a hole in my side pocket. The F04 actually works quite well even though it's not totally necessary with this light.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
sometimes less light is better, doing somethings a very bright light is blinding, your dimmer lights will still be very useful.:poke:

computernut

Enlightened
I agree, I haven't bought anything brighter than 65L until now as I prefer lights I can use closeup and not blind myself.

sometimes less light is better, doing somethings a very bright light is blinding, your dimmer lights will still be very useful.:poke:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Get a 6P, then put a Malkoff M60W MC-E Warm into it.

I guarantee your L4 will not look brighter by comparison. That little brass beauty from Gene is going to put out about 470 lumens of flood from 2xCR123 cells. :twothumbs

strinq

Enlightened

I guarantee your L4 will not look brighter by comparison. That little brass beauty from Gene is going to put out about 470 lumens of flood from 2xCR123 cells. :twothumbs

Oh my...just reading this gives me a high...

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast

That's my favorite 2xCR123 P60 Drop-in, hands down. But I run it in a C2-HA...

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got a Surefire L4 120 lumen and it's quite bright compared to my other lights which are all 50-65 lumens. Now when I fire up my other lights it feels like they are dimmer than they used to be. Those damn chip weevils! I've never seen the orignal L4 to compare the beams but I'm quite happy with the hotspot. Outdoors it has more throw than I thought it would and it really lights up the area on the trail. I'm carrying it with an F04 on it since I'm having a problem with bezels wearing a hole in my side pocket. The F04 actually works quite well even though it's not totally necessary with this light.
Now you need the new E2DL to compliment your L4. It makes a great hiking pair, a powerful thrower and a mid-range flooder. Just perfect!

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
You've started down a slippery slope buying that G2 :devil:
So long as Surefire does not make any 18650 capable lights, or AW does not make any IMR 17670s, I should be able to control he urge somewhat.

Although I have been checking to see what used L1's are worth :whistle:

The L1 is always the most handled light of mine at our local meets :thumbsup:
Seems that way doesn't it? It's a sweet light.