Anyone tried this Harbor Freight flashlight?

kwalker

Newly Enlightened
Looks pretty cool. I'm a fan of Harbor freight so if anyone has experience with this please let us know.
Thanks

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the looks of it and for the price, I'd get one too but I would like to hear what others think of it.

trsmfan99

Newly Enlightened
Looks pretty neat for the price, I wonder what kind of throw it has, it says 490ft...ooo, sounds tempting to me, awesome for under 25bucks. Now lets see if my local store has any left in stock...:)

JohnF

Enlightened
Although it looks P6-ish, there is no telling if it'll take P6 drop in's and other accessories. For about the same price, the Solarforce LM series is a proven decent quality P6 compatable light.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Although it looks P6-ish, there is no telling if it'll take P6 drop in's and other accessories.

My guess is that it would not. This light is probably fairly unique as it uses a focusing optic.

Mike_TX

Enlightened
There are several lights on DX for less money with more output.

The adjustable beam part makes me wonder. I have one with an aspheric lens and it's not completely satisfactory. In fact, it's turned out to be my least-liked flashlight. It does neither thing well - when zoomed in, it's too distinct a beamspot, and the emitter shape shows up as a square with a smaller square attached to it.

When zoomed out to flood, it makes too distinct a circle of light again ... in other words, no spill - just a bigger, distinct circle of light. I think that's characteristic of aspheric lenses, and the HF light looks like it has one.

If anyone gets one and I'm wrong, be sure and let us know.

Arnulf

Enlightened
There are several lights on DX for less money with more output.

The adjustable beam part makes me wonder. I have one with an aspheric lens and it's not completely satisfactory. In fact, it's turned out to be my least-liked flashlight. It does neither thing well - when zoomed in, it's too distinct a beamspot, and the emitter shape shows up as a square with a smaller square attached to it.

When zoomed out to flood, it makes too distinct a circle of light again ... in other words, no spill - just a bigger, distinct circle of light. I think that's characteristic of aspheric lenses, and the HF light looks like it has one.

If anyone gets one and I'm wrong, be sure and let us know.

I ordered this one from DX...UltraFire C2 Cree Q5 LED 2-Mode Flashlight (2xCR123A)230 Lumens.
Although its been 7 days and the tracking # sez its still in China....prolly gonna be a long wait....but great prices.

guiri

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're welcome.

The light for the jack I think would be for the jack only anyway..