help with jetbeam MKIIX

N10

Newly Enlightened
hello all,,
i'm having trouble with my jetbeam...lend it to my dad and he dropped it and now it doesn't light up anymore.I think the problem is with the circuit.Does anyone have experience with it? how to test if something broke in the circuit or maybe how to open the head?will post pics

Last edited:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
so how did you remove that pill?
i have a MKII-R whilch i think is extremely similar. (at least it looks like so)

N10

Newly Enlightened
if u look closely on the 3rd picture,there's 2 little grooves on the outer aluminum shell(the one that contains the circuit) which are opposite to each other.I just unscrewed it using a small screwdriver.what i want is to separate the middle part(on which is written JET BEAM) from the aluminum part..i don't know what went wrong when it was dropped..1st time this happens since i've dropped it many times before without any problem.

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
the 'dent' or hole that i could see on the picture is significantly bigger than the one present on my light... did you so extensive damage on it while turning the pilll out?

N10

Newly Enlightened
i only unscrewed it because my light doesn't work anymore if that's what u mean.the 2 grooves were originally there..i didn't do anything to be able to remove the pill,just unscrew it.

N10

Newly Enlightened
any modder out there(not living too far) who would like to give it a shot at finding what went wrong with my jetbeam and maybe fix the prob...?