Sooo... How do you EDC when not attached to keys?

Ants

Newly Enlightened
Newbie here...I just purchased my first flashlight! w00t! I ordered a Quark mini 123.

So before it gets here I'm curious how do you guys usually EDC?

I have 3 sets of keys which I rotate (1 set per car), so I cant exactly attach it to a set of keys. What are some other ways to EDC your flashie?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
1 on keychain, which you've covered.
1 deep in pocket
1 in holster OR clipped to pocket
1 in the jacket or coat
A few in the BOB, man bag, or murse

kramer5150

Flashaholic
small belt pack
ITP, Akoray, spyderco pictured.
dscn6087l.jpg

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
LD01 on keys.
EX10 deep clipped to my pants pocket
currently my new toy, Jetbeam M1X warm tint in the bag, otherwise one of the other 2xRCR123s/1x18650 lights

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm hoping my soon to arrive Mini 123 will ride comfortably in the bottom of my pant's pocket. If it still feels too chunky I'll figure another way.

Geoff

horsehunter

Newly Enlightened
My EDC gets carried in the side pocket of my Leatherman Wave sheath. Its a Quark mini AA. It just replaced a Fenix LD01

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pocket clip quite often for my 1xAA and 18650 lights. Usually on the right leg drop pocket or cargo pocket. For those poor lights without a pocket clip they ride at the bottom of said pocket, not ideal but it still works.

For anything bigger (yes I EDC bigger stuff regularly :tinfoil:) It's in the coat pocket.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Multitool (generic for now, Gerber Suspension in the mail!), keys, phone and spare coins in left pocket.

Wallet, iPod, Jet III-M and A1 EOS in right pocket.

If I'm wearing a jacket, iPod, Phone and lights get moved to jacket.

Meanwhile, I always buy pants with deep pockets...

herbicide

Newly Enlightened
I clip mine to my belt, as I've never got on with holsters/pouches. (For torches, at any rate)
Currently EDCing a 4sevens Quark 2x123 Turbo.

JCup

Newly Enlightened
Newbie here...I just purchased my first flashlight! w00t! I ordered a Quark mini 123.

So before it gets here I'm curious how do you guys usually EDC?

I have 3 sets of keys which I rotate (1 set per car), so I cant exactly attach it to a set of keys. What are some other ways to EDC your flashie?

Excellent choice for EDC, and welcome to the forum.

I wear jeans quite often, and when doing so, carry a 1xAAA light in the watch pocket. I keep a Photon clone (lithium coin cell from Dealextreme) on my key ring(s).

I've gotten to the point that when selecting jeans, I will only buy those that have a pocket that works for a small light. Can carry a small CR123 (I have a Nitecore EZ123) there, too. Typically a Maratac AAA, which is my ideal bright and tiny light at the moment.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
My work edc is clipped inside my shirt pocket together with my edc pen(yes I collect them as well).

My evening edc is worn on a lanyard around my neck.

Narcosynthesis

Newly Enlightened
A lot depends on what you are carrying and what situation you are in...

I use a few different methods depending on where I am or what I am doing. My current method is just pocket carry with my LD01 on a paracord loop with my knife. With a decent pocket the knife/light will happily stay put and can easily be grabbed by the cord when I want it.

At other times I carry the LD01 in a wallet with a few other EDC items, and also regularly carry an L1T either loose in a pocket or in a belt sheath.