Is FenixTorch.co.uk kosher?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeifUK

Enlightened
I ordered a Fenix L2D torch from these people one evening and as they claimed items ordered before 3:30pm are shipped that day I expected it to be sent the next day. Payment was taken 2 days later suggesting that it was not shipped as claimed. I received no explanation for the delay despite an email request. They said that items are sent using signed for mail, and indeed a signature was required, but I was not sent the Royal Mail tracking code. When I received the torch I found that there was no receipt so I emailed them asking them to send one. I have received no response to the email. Are these people kosher or have people had problems with them? I can't say I can recommend them, as although my experience is not especially bad, I cannot describe it as good, or professional.

As an aside, I ordered the Fenix flip up diffuser at the same time, but from a FleaBay seller. I was sent a Royal Mail tracking code the next day, and it arrived two days later, and several days before the Fenix torch. Looks like 'proper shops' are not necessarily better than ebay sellers. I guess the FleaBay feeedback system at least ensure fast delivery, if not good aftersales service. Anyway, I think I will in future avoid FenixTorch.co.uk.

Beampower

Newly Enlightened
I would try LedFire.Co.Uk next time you want a Flashlight, the Chap is friendly and very helpful,i will be ordering my Jetbeam from him in the New Year! :D

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered a Fenix L2D torch from these people one evening and as they claimed items ordered before 3:30pm are shipped that day I expected it to be sent the next day. Payment was taken 2 days later suggesting that it was not shipped as claimed. I received no explanation for the delay despite an email request. They said that items are sent using signed for mail, and indeed a signature was required, but I was not sent the Royal Mail tracking code. When I received the torch I found that there was no receipt so I emailed them asking them to send one. I have received no response to the email. Are these people kosher or have people had problems with them? I can't say I can recommend them, as although my experience is not especially bad, I cannot describe it as good, or professional.

As an aside, I ordered the Fenix flip up diffuser at the same time, but from a FleaBay seller. I was sent a Royal Mail tracking code the next day, and it arrived two days later, and several days before the Fenix torch. Looks like 'proper shops' are not necessarily better than ebay sellers. I guess the FleaBay feeedback system at least ensure fast delivery, if not good aftersales service. Anyway, I think I will in future avoid FenixTorch.co.uk.

Sorry to here of the problems you have had buying a fenix.

Maybe you could start another thread along the lines of "Does anyone know a good fenix dealer in the UK?"

I would suggest heinnie.com - not the cheapest, but great customer service, and http://www.thephotonshop.co.uk/ and http://www.flashaholics.co.uk/

Bass

Enlightened
FenixTorch.co.uk is definitely kosher. They are an authorised dealer. Owned by AJP trading. Antony (owner) also owns Flashaholics.co.uk and Nitecore.co.uk (UK Nitecore Distributor). They are also on e-bay as 'Flashaholics'.

Antony is normally pretty good with e-mail responses. I imagine it is his peak time of year and with three websites, a very busy time for him. That's not an excuse though - customer is king.

I know what you mean though. You never get a dispatch confirmation, or a tracking number and the package does not include an invoice. This could and should be improved.

Rob is a nice guy at LED Fire (and Photon Shop). I would say his service is more attentive and customer driven but his websites and range of brands are not quite as polished.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
I've used all of the sites mentioned so far (with the exception of eBay) and have had great customer service and no problems whatsoever with any of them.

Antony who runs Flashaholics and Fenixtorch is a great guy and has gone out of his way to help me in the past.

This must be the busiest time of the year for all of these online traders so hardly surprising that they may not be able to reply instantly to the occasional email. Nevertheless you got your torch within a few days so I really don't see what you've got to be unhappy about.

jslappa

Enlightened
I buy things from 7777's ALL the time. I pay through PayPal, and the money never comes out of my checking account for at least a week. I usually am playing with my purchases before my checking account receives the debit request from PayPal.

LeifUK

Enlightened
Thanks for the information. Looks like they are kosher then.

Nevertheless you got your torch within a few days so I really don't see what you've got to be unhappy about.

Frankly I was taken aback not to get an invoice, as that is needed in case of any issues under warranty.

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Check your emails - I get an email invoice with every order.

And you needn't worry about warranty issues. Antony will take care of you should you have any problems. As I said earlier, he's a good guy.

Steve'O

Newly Enlightened
Antony seems to me to be a decent chap.
I only spoke to him on the phone today about a problem with my TK40 that constantly flickers on low mode.
That will be on its way back after the festive break, hopefully in exchange for a new replacement. It is less than 2 weeks old :mad:
lovecpf

luke_DF

Newly Enlightened
I ordered from one of his sites couple of weeks ago. I don't think the item was sent as promptly as the websites claim, but it nevertheless arrived in less than a week. he also provided a next day answer to an email I've sent him prior to ordering. must be a busy time of the year. other than that it seems he's legit and I definitely don't rule out ordering from flashaholics.co.uk in the future. (I hope he can improve the websites and offer better options for tracking orders, etc.)

DM51

Flashaholic
Dealers Corner in the MarketPlace would be a more appropriate place for this discussion. There have been some useful answers here for members, but feel free to continue in the MP and I'll close it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.