Hello my name is Darren........

Hef

Newly Enlightened
And my addiction started with a E1B and today when I went to the local Fun Shop a LX2 followed me home, it helps when I talk to people with the same urges......

Seriously folks SF are awesome. Went into the local Fun Shop to finally put my hands on a LX2 and the owner shows me the light and says "there is a sale today, 15% off SF. I say ok I will think about it, he says how about $140.00 OTD. I said let's do it!!! It was nice to get the best deal from a local merchant!

THE LX2 ROCKS......if your thinking about it, think no more just get one!

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast
Started off with SF - then started into different drop-ins, different switch guts (AW 3 level, netkidz), FM strion bulb holder for A2 (& waiting for LED upgrades from Koala). I don't have any SF standard lights anymore! SF does such a great job that it sets a fantastic standard for other folks to offer various "upgrades" based on the SF standard.

Realizing that SF cannot offer much of this with a possible sales amount of 50 to 250 (or 1250) items - this is no way a criticism of SF.

Then I saw a photo of a McGizmo "oil-slick" mule & my slide down the custom slope accelerated.

Hef

Newly Enlightened
Man....this LX2 is a very good light. I never dreamed I would spend $140.00 for a flashlight, but I did and do not regret it one bit! It is amazing how bright this light is!

k594

Newly Enlightened
Man....this LX2 is a very good light. I never dreamed I would spend $140.00 for a flashlight, but I did and do not regret it one bit! It is amazing how bright this light is!
yea im right there with you on that, i remember when i used to think spending 25 bucks on a light was outrageous, now days ive dropped 130 like nothing on a second E2DL, and buy 50 dollar makloffs like no bodys business, lol
the way i see it at least its something fun for me and positive , my wife would much rather i buy a 200 light then go to a bar and drop 200 on getting tanked!

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great deal on an awesome light.

The LX2 is the first Surefire that impressed me enough to buy one and I am a very satisified.

Even with the dealer discounts it's an expensive light but, believe me, it is easily worth it.

Read the reviews, saw the posted runtimes, compared the posted beamshots, and drooled over the pictures... finally went to a local dealer and picked one up.

What a gorgeous beam with that TIR optic, for it's little 1" head it can throw like nobodys business.
Never thought I'd get used to the 2-stage momentary switch but hey it seems absolutely fine.
The HAIII mismatching thats been seen is so so nice and subtle that it looks to be done on purpose.

So my first Surefire after all these years and I have to say
nod.gif

Agent Iron

Newly Enlightened
Yeah...first it was guns, then it was knives, now it is flashlights.....my gosh, I think it would have been cheaper to be a heroin attic!