Mod my Ex10 r2 or Novatac 85?

Krotchitty

Newly Enlightened
I'm leaning towards the Nitecore, since it really doesn't do anything for me beam-wise, in fact it's kinda rough...bright...but rough. I've read some posts about only a few different emitter swaps, I prefer P4 type beams and white or vanilla tints, haven't been impressed with warm too much, but not against it either. What's out there that will work with the stock .... well...everything else?

I'm also keen on an upgrade such as a K2 for the Novatac 85, but am not sure about which emitter, bin, or how it will effect run time (king) or brightness (also important not to get less light than the 85 lumens). I've pretty much decided that a light is unpleasant if the beam isn't pretty; smooth and consistent, a bit floody, not green, pink, orange or yellow or purple either....lovecpf

I figured "mod both" if the P4 from the NT will fit the Ex10 successfully.

Oh and I'm thinking that I could do the Nitecore mod, but not the NT since I'm a novice. It appears the Ex10 is pretty straightforward as long as the current reflector can be used.

Any lessons to pass on or suggestions would be great. I'm not against sending it to a custom modder to do it right, in fact I'd prefer it, but I don't want to miss out on some fun if I can get away with it without significant damage.

:)