Question: Do you have an E1/E2/E1e/E2e?

yclo

Flashaholic*
If so, do you have a LOTC* or non-LOTC?

A non-LOTC is one where the thing that holds the spring in place can be taken out without using any hex keys.

fd30cabc.jpg

Bottom one is the older non-LOTC and gold color thing is the switch assembly that can be taken out without using tools.

*Lock Out Tail Cap

KC2IXE

Flashaholic*
E2 standard - no lockout tailcap, and I don't REALLY miss it - I just unscrew the front bezel about 3/4 turn

Size15's

Flashaholic
E2e-HA (LOTC)
E2e-HA (LOTC)
E2e-Alpha (LOTC)
E2-HA (upgraded with Z52 LOTC)
E2-SG (non-LOTC)

E1e-HA (LOTC)
E1e-size15 (LOTC)
E1-BK (Z54 LOTC as standard)
E1-GM (non-LOTC)

In my opinion, for my useage, the LOTC is vital.

For your information;
Z52 - E Series LOTC - HA
Z53 - E Series LOTC - GM/SG
Z54 - E Series LOTC - BK

My understanding is that SureFire changed the GunMetal (GM) name to Satin Grey (SG) because people were saying the finish looks nothing like gun metal. I have no guns so I can't comment on whether it is the case or not.

Anways, my opinion based on my experience of SureFires - It's got to have a LockOut if I'm to carry and use it.

Al

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Showoff
tongue.gif

I have a regular E2 (one of the early ones), regular tail cap. And a more recent E2e, with lockout tail cap.

I have to agree, it is a very useful thing to have. Despite holstering it, I was always worried that the E2 would light by itsself especially when I sat down. My belt carried stuff is always digging in me then, so I know they`re being pressed on somehow. If only they made a lockout cap for the classic 9N.....

grin.gif

Size15's

Flashaholic
Chris,
Showoff? I didn't list what must be at least 36 SureFires by now did I?
wink.gif

A LOTC for the Classic 9N would make the my 9NT one of my most useful and used flashlights.

'tis my understanding that the only SureFires not coming with LOTCs as standard are the standard G2's. As far as the E Series, all now come with LOTC's.

Al

Darell

Flashaholic
Do you suppose you can even purchase the non LOTC anymore? I had a bad non LOTC, and it was replaced with a LOTC a few months ago. I think they're moving that direction permanently.... until such time that the frigging clickie comes out!