STREAMLIGHT MICROSTREAM vs AKORAY K-103

radu1976

Enlightened
Which one do you think guys it's better ?

I got the MICROSTREAM couple of weeks ago and the AKORAY 2 days ago

Price : STR = 17.50$ , AKO = 14.50$
Weight : STR 26gr with batt , AKO 30gr with batt
Size : same lenght, STR is a hair thinner.

Beams : MICROSTREAM has a different beam pattern, smooth one despite it's using a SMO reflector . Same pattern like EAGLETAC P100C2/T2 .
On the other side AKORAY has a larger, 2 times bigger hotspot, its sidespill is considerably brighter but smaller .

I am running both with ENERGIZER AAAs Lithium.

Overall , the AKORAY is brighter maybe 50% brighter but the runtime should be shorter . Not sure about regulation with Li. MICROSTREAM should last about 4 hrs with a lithium .

I like the AKORAY colour , but MICROSTREAM figures a nice FWD clicky while my K-103 version figures a REVERSE one.

If I am to keep one of them I would really don't know which will be . Absolutely undecided ! :shrug:

Last edited:

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Microstream is my preference for its form factor, appearance overall, forward clicky and manufacturer warranty.
Akoray for its light output and multi-mode flexibility.

Don't quote me on this but you might be able to run 10440 cells in the Akoray for even more brightness. I ran my ITP-A3 with a 10440 cell and holy moly, it was a night and day difference.

At $15 each, it makes more sense to just keep em both.

Last edited:

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
Microstream is my preference for its form factor, appearance overall, forward clicky and manufacturer warranty.

I like the Microstream for the above reasons plus a long runtime on Energizer lithium E2 cells. However, the most compelling feature for me is the forward clicky with momentary action.

mcnair55

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Microstream and have used it as my edc for last couple of years,now I have better lights as well but still my edc is the Microstream does the job for work purposes,right amount of light for me for the purpose I use it for.