what can I lego with a SF L2

slappomatt

Newly Enlightened
I just got a L2 for a song, I know its older LED technology, but what can I do with it lego wise? what style head and tail is the body? I'm not really up on all the SF terminology. Also does anyone know the regulation rates for the driver? what LED's could I swap in? thanks!

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could MC-E mod the head, but can't really get a head or another tail cap. The resistor in the tail cap simply lets the regulator know which level was selected

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
MC-E mod would be one of best routes to take if you desire more lumens out the front. Options are limited since E Series heads or tailcaps will not fit the L2.

slappomatt

Newly Enlightened
ok A NW MC-E mod sounds really good to me. I want a nice floody light as I have several throwers. who is a good SF modder on the boards? and or how hard would it be to do? are the heads hard to take apart? If all that is required is to swap the LED's I could do that pretty easily solder wise.

does anyone know what the stock current levels are from the SF driver? and what kind of lumen levels could I expect with a NW MC-E in there? I'm a little bummed as I didn't know they where so proprietary when I bought it. but for 109 NIB I couldn't pass up such a nice SF light. just wish it was a little better lumen wise. NW would be the icing on the cake!

Thanks guys!