SF E1B head on E2E body

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
I installed my E1B head in my friend's incandescent E2E body running 2x CR123A.. some how it flickers on both high and low, is this normal? I am guessing he might new need batteries, but I don't have any experience with SF LED lights having a low battery indication. Any input is appreciated.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the E1B is designed to use 1 CR123 only, so driving it with two cells has probably damaged the driver and/or LED. Put it back on the E1B body, and use one cell to power it. If it still flickers, it's damaged, and, because you used it improperly, Surefire may not honor the warranty...

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
Oh no! :confused:

I believe the E1B is designed to use 1 CR123 only, so driving it with two cells has probably damaged the driver and/or LED. Put it back on the E1B body, and use one cell to power it. If it still flickers, it's damaged, and, because you used it improperly, Surefire may not honor the warranty...

Dioni

Flashlight Enthusiast
I installed my E1B head in my friend's incandescent E2E body running 2x CR123A.. some how it flickers on both high and low, is this normal? I am guessing he might new need batteries, but I don't have any experience with SF LED lights having a low battery indication. Any input is appreciated.

Running on li-ion [3,7v] is already dangerous...:crazy:

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
You do have options for turning an E2E into an LED, but it'll run you about $80 either way.

-Trevor

CSI304

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the input guys, I was lucky not to damage it as it still working fine back on the E1B body. :twothumbs