TK40 Case and Diffuser "mod" (and lens protector)

flasherByNight

Enlightened
Alright, so I wouldn't even call this a mod...but whatever.

Since I've received my TK40 I've been looking for "things it could fit into/on etc". What's that mean you ask? Well for one the case that ships with it (while nice that it comes with one at all),is certainly not going to last the test of time (much less nearly as long as the light).

Plus I've been looking for a diffuser for it. (I still have high hopes of finding a matching protective cap that often ships with various optics etc).

Any event, long story short. Something that fits are the lysol wipes plastic containers.
It can act both as a container AND a diffuser. It's kind of neat, it turns it into a huge traffic wand. Hung upside down it actually lights up a place quite nicely.

Anywho, if someone wants pics I'll go get a photobucket account or something I suppose.

Last edited:

flasherByNight

Enlightened
Re: TK40 Case and Diffuser "mod"

Additionally, the cap for the lysol container is the exact same size as the head. I'm sure someone more inventive than I, could figure out some way of procuring a protective cap of some sort.

flasherByNight

Enlightened

Lol, alright so this one fits the head perfectly, nice and snug.

Rite Aid Macadamia Nuts 6.5 ounce.

It's a blue plastic cap, blocks wayyy too much light for it to be practical for light. But as a beacon or anything else you need to be blue it's perfect (more importantly, it protects the lens)

flasherByNight

Enlightened

alright, so apparently it was lame :ohgeez:

but like they say, a picture....

cache529

Newly Enlightened

That's cool...my next light will definitely be the TK40 and I was thinking how I can make a diffuser for it as well...I like how the tube is not too wide.

Also, I like how you added a cap to the tail end (which opens for access to the switch)...the wider stance should provide better stability for when you want to tail stand it.

I'll post if I ever come up with a more elegant DIY diffuser.

flasherByNight

Enlightened

Lol, alright so this one fits the head perfectly, nice and snug.

Rite Aid Macadamia Nuts 6.5 ounce.

It's a blue plastic cap, blocks wayyy too much light for it to be practical for light. But as a beacon or anything else you need to be blue it's perfect (more importantly, it protects the lens)

*The blue on low is actually perfect for low light operations like map reading
The lysol container actually has the opening built-in

oops, didn't mean to post a new reply.

fnsooner

Enlightened

Thanks for the post flasherByNight. I have been wanting a diffuser/lens protector for my TK40. I keep the TK40 behind the seat of my pick-up truck and feared the lense might get damaged. I was about to head to the stores with flashlight in hand and start removing product lids in order to find something that will work.

You saved me some time and possible embarassment. I am a flashaholic still in the closet. :ironic:

flasherByNight

Enlightened

Thanks for the post flasherByNight. I have been wanting a diffuser/lens protector for my TK40. I keep the TK40 behind the seat of my pick-up truck and feared the lense might get damaged. I was about to head to the stores with flashlight in hand and start removing product lids in order to find something that will work.

You saved me some time and possible embarassment. I am a flashaholic still in the closet. :ironic:

and all it costs you is the price of some macadamia nuts :grin2:
plus it's knurled :laughing:

Techeon

Newly Enlightened
Excellent work flasher. I've been looking for a diffuser for the TK 40/30. Will be buying those products pronto. If anyone has any ideas for a red cone diffuser for the TK 40, that would be awesome. I play my video games in red light and seem to frag peeps better that way.

flasherByNight

Enlightened
Well someone asked for it, don't remember who/thread.
But any event, Button lockout cap. Not nearly as tight as the macadamia nuts, but I'm sure if you heated the plastic a little or something you could probably tighten it up. (tight enough to lift light by cap though)

No idea where I got the vitamins from...but I suspect it's a pretty standard size.

flasherByNight

Enlightened
Excellent work flasher. I've been looking for a diffuser for the TK 40/30. Will be buying those products pronto. If anyone has any ideas for a red cone diffuser for the TK 40, that would be awesome. I play my video games in red light and seem to frag peeps better that way.

someone mentioned that the other (peanuts maybe? don't remember) have a red colored cap. Just look around the aisle