PALight

emann

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a blue PALight for my youngin. Does anyone else own one of these? What's your opinion on it? Seems to have some nice beam options and I like the fact that if he leaves it on the batteries seem to last a long time. I'm just hoping it's durable enough for a 3 year old.

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think most old timer CPF members have one. They are very durable. Most folks seem of the opinion that the beam is to narrow. The fix is to reverse the lens.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
I quite like my PALight. I have the one with the "always-on" feature, and I like it. If/when I buy a second one, I'll probably opt for one I can actually shut off, so I can leave it in the glovebox with a Lithium 9V in it, as a low-light companion to the SureFire 6P or 9Z (depending on the vehicle) I carry there.

Oh, yeah... it's quite durable, what with its rubber body and all. It'll survive lots of drops and throws and such, although if your child really whips it across the room, it might hit on just the wrong spot and burst open; you'd then have to find the metal band that goes around the middle, and maybe the lens from in front of the LED-- no biggie on the damage, but a PIPPA (Pain In the Proverbial Part of the Anatomy) for the 'search and retrieve' factor.

Empath

Flashaholic
I don't think there is a PAL light that can be completely shut off. They all have the constant on feature.

SHINER

Newly Enlightened
I got one in last week.I really like it.I got another one coming in.I like the narrow beam,though on this one I got coming in I may turn the lens around and see.Now if they could figure out how to stuff A one watter in there.hehe.
Later.