Acebeam        

Thread: Flying with my D10 and eo1

Default Flying with my D10 and eo1

Am I going to have problems with airport security for taking my edcs with me?
    "Mostly they come out at night... Mostly."

Flashaholic

Default Re: Flying with my D10 and eo1

I fly with my D10, and LD01, and LD20, and streamlight nano, and zebra head lamp all the time. I also have a camera case with 8 extra AA batteries with me and not one second look.

I fly about 75,000 to 100,000 miles a year.

Flashaholic*

Should be no problem at all.

They might look at them or ask you to turn them on, my advice is to always turn on a multi level light to a lower level for them.

This is just incase one of them thinks the bright level might be too bright..

Sweet guys, thanks and Merry Christmas!
    "Mostly they come out at night... Mostly."

I've never had a problem flying with EDC type lights. The only thing I can imagine might be a problem is a really aggressive looking attack bezel.
    gbelleh

My experience has been that an aluminum 1xAAA flashlight does not set off the magnetometer, even at airports where they're set to be very sensitive. I'd be very surprised if a 1xAA or 1x123 size did either.

In a carry-on bag, no flashlight has ever caused me problems. As gbelleh says, I'd stay away from scary-looking crenelations. I'd also stay away from anything that looks like it could be a bludgeon.

I cannot see any reason why they could complain about your carrying of a small torch on a plane.

Worst case would be they take a look at the light at security, turn it on and check it is a light and not a small bomb or something, but it has no sharp edges or anything...

I recently brought my Mag85 on the plane with me. No questions asked.

Now, they did run a chemical test on the cheese and sausage I was carrying...