Best OEM Forward Clicky feel

Dan FO

Enlightened
Re: Best Forward Clicky

IMHO opinion there is nothing that compares with the McClicky.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the Surefire but also the Quark because their is that point you feel you know if you push in further it will click on from momentary. I like loud clickys to and the Quark is very loud.

Dan FO

Enlightened
Re: Best Forward Clicky

IMHO opinion there is nothing that compares with the McClicky.

Even with the change of title it is still the McClicky hands down. LensLight uses the McClicky in their light and that is a manufacturer. I am not sure what subcontractor Surefire is using to make their switches now.

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Like others, I too have to vote for Surefire. SF clickies have an excellent feel to them.

-Robert

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lumapower uses a nice one. Slight pressure turns it on, about a sixteenth to an eighth of an inch clicks it on.

I don't have any Surefire C series clickies, but I like the Lumapower more than I like the E series clicky. The E series you have to push it in further to activate the momentary. The spring is weaker on the surefire as well.

The Quark has the same feel as the Surefire E series so, the same drawbacks.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really, I have thought most SF clickies seemed a little wimpy, especially with all the failures they had a few years ago. I do have a lot of respect for Surefire's SW02, Z48/Z49 clicky switches. These are much more robust than whatever SF uses in their other clickies. There is a solid "kur-thunk" with them that inspires confidence. The wimpiest are many overseas cheapies, and the over-sensitive feel of the McGizmo clicky would go in that category too.

Last edited:

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
I really like the feel the Judco in my Malkoff MD2. I've heard a lot of criticism regarding it's "loud click" but I personally think it's the best "feeling" forward clicky. However, when it's all said and done, I think my Surefire Z49 come out on top. You can really feel the robust build every time you press it. The Z59 really doesn't nearly instill as much confidence, but I'm yet to ever have a failure in it or any of the E-series clickies that I've had.

Youfoundnemo

Enlightened
The new Xtar TZ-20 has the nicest forward clicky I have ever handled, I have never handled a light with a Mc clicky but I have handled many surefires and the xtar deffinatly has a more tactile feel to it and is quite a bit more sensitive to input than say a E series clicky or perhaps a eagletac clicky

sfca

Enlightened
The new Xtar TZ-20 has the nicest forward clicky I have ever handled, I have never handled a light with a Mc clicky but I have handled many surefires and the xtar deffinatly has a more tactile feel to it and is quite a bit more sensitive to input than say a E series clicky or perhaps a eagletac clicky

Yeah I've always wondered about the Eagletac clickys. Never tried one.
If there was any room for improvement I hope they've done that in the new XPGs.

-1 on the Quarks.
Quark Turbo not great for me. Too hard and not enough traverse.
Surefire E2DL > QT for this one.
Maybe I got a lemon? :shrug:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
The Surefires are great, but the other notable experience I had was the Kroll tailcap for Minimags. Very solid feeling.