your most expensive flashlight...was it worth the price?

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
mine is the thrunite catapult @149.95, which will be shipped on 12/30.
i'm hoping it's worth the price, but by the reviews im reading it's looking like it is.
im thinking im getting off cheap compared to some of you guys. :nana:

Last edited:

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
Re: what's your most expensive flashlight you own? mine is...

My Serv-Light caving headlamp by far. I don't even want to admit what it cost. . . . but it sure is sweeeeeet!

mossyoak

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Southland with a RedBull in one hand and iPhon

hi, there is already a thread like this running:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/158645

This thread isnt just to brag its to actually discuss...

In my experience the most expensive lights Ive owned were also the ones I got the most use and enjoyment out of, Muyshondt, McG, Surefire, they are high in initial cost but the value far exceeded the price tag

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast

Surefire M6, you bet I would buy it again... wanting a third at the moment :D

Pima Pants

Newly Enlightened

Two of my most expensive flashlights I'm not thrilled with:

Nitecore D10. Not a fan of the piston drive. It lacks "feel". I have trouble remembering the UI.

Novatac 120T. Weak strobe; about half power.

Rod911

Enlightened

ThruNite Catapult as well. I believe it's worth its price. I mainly use this during my early morning work-outs. Instead of using the outdoor floodlight, I do a ceiling bounce off the pergola and it lights up my work-out space nicely. Note that, I use the medium setting as that is plenty of bright already.

aceo07

Enlightened

HDS EDC U60. It was expensive, but worth it. It's exactly what I was looking for before and currently. Has 4 customizable levels, ultra low, low, medium, high. Extremely sturdy. Very efficient at using power. Very easy to upgrade LED. Good size and form for me.

Last edited:

iapyx

Enlightened

This thread isnt just to brag its to actually discuss...

In my experience the most expensive lights Ive owned were also the ones I got the most use and enjoyment out of, Muyshondt, McG, Surefire, they are high in initial cost but the value far exceeded the price tag

The initial title of this thread was different. Something like 'what is your most expensive light you bought'. I pointed that out to the OP after which he changed the title (Last edited by hron61; Today at 04:51 AM. Reason: changed title due to duplicate thread )

petersmith6

Enlightened
TK-30,i use it on night bridge inspections.always get the same coment..thats a little girly..then i turn it up from 100 to 630 lumin.then i always get the same response..wot the f!$!£"!"£$ is that £$£"£!"£ thing.followed buy i wont one.

savumaki

Enlightened
McClux PR-T head with DB-917 light engine on a Surefire E2e body with Z57 clicky tailcap. The clicky has been modified to two stage and has a delrin tail guard.
The PR-T bezel has had the led upgraded from the original to a P4, a bit more flood which is great.
Cost? over 200.

I don't need another flashlight (but I still buy or make some)

Merry Christmas

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
At around $60, my most expensive light is the Zebralight H501. Was it worth the price? Yes, as it is my most used light. I EDC it nearly 24/7. I use it to do everything (hand-free) from taking out the trash to reading, cooking, taking a shower, brushing my teeth, cleaning the dishes, sewing, etc. As they say, pictures are worth a thousand words:

As headlamp
IMG_3243.jpg

As shirt light
IMG_2774.jpg

As shower light
IMG_3744.jpg

As overhead light
IMG_4442.jpg

As lighted magnetic pick-up tool
IMG_4147.jpg

As desk lamp
IMG_4499-1.jpg

Small enough to fit in a shirt pocket, or in this case a small phone case
IMG_3341.jpg

I love this light, as you can probably tell by now.

Last edited:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Fenix TK40.

Yes and no.

Yes - Every bit as bright as I hoped. Uses a battery I will always be able to find easily.

No - Because of its large size I rarely use it. 9 times out of 10 I reach for my MG Pli.

REALLY disappointed I can't use Lithium primaries. I don't like alkalines due to the probability they will leak and ruin the flashlight and the lithiums are lighter too. At the time I purchased the TK40 I had no idea lithium primaries were not recommended - and that they void the warranty.

Would I buy a TK40 knowing what I know now? Probably not - but it is still my best flashlight. I'm just too lazy to carry around such a big light. I may throw it in my trunk. Of course then I'll use it even less frequently.

MS3

Newly Enlightened
Nitecore D10 and Yes.
Of my 16 lights, this was my third purchase and it has been my favorite light since.... although the 4Sevens mini123 may have displaced it as my edc.