6 new Nuwai 1W LED aluminum lights

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
The ALX-816A and ALX-313A use 6/3 AAA's ? Low Mha's, hmmm. The only reason I'd use a AAA is for an ARC.

They have two 2X123's listed with the same 1 watt with different lengths, ???

lemlux

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the 3 AAA version uses the same size caddy as the Novigear 7 LED light, the caddy could be replaced with a single 50 mm long Li-Ion.

This would functionally be a heavier duty bigger brother of Mr Bulk's Mini LGI. It also would probably have a resistor.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
LS`s are spreading like the weeds in my back yard. It wouldn`t surpise me if soon even a lowly, $5 Eveready will use them. I am surprised Nichia hasn`t come out with something to compete...maybe their working on something. Anybody know if these use a reflector?

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Man, if you could just depend and count on on getting a WHITE, BRIGHT LS LED!!!!!

They are very nice looking!

Maybe soon, all the Quality Assuance probelms at Lumileds will be a thing of the past, and they will be cranking out nothing but super white, efficient LED's.

Wouldn't that be nice?!??!

JJHitt

Enlightened
I just noticed that Nuwai has a branch office in Dallas... I wonder if they do direct sales? (No phone number is listed, but there is a email address.)

PhotonBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia, Canada http://tinyu
403113_s.jpg

http://www.brookstone.com/shop/product.asp?product_code=403113#

Looks like it might be the Nuwai model ALX-212L 2x123 1W light.

JJHitt

Enlightened
The Brookstone luxeon is also known as the Streamlight TL-2 (Streamlight 88105).

I looked at one in a Brookstone store this weekend... it was definately a Nuwai and it was also boardering on being "greenish" (and this was with new cells, I watched the sales-dude remove the seal).

e=mc²

Enlightened
NJ - Land of malodorous \"earl\" refineries!
I've examined these at my local Brookstone and yes, they are identical to the TL-2 by streamlight. They DO have a "stoic" reflector or as I like to say, "texturized". They only had them in the titanium finish, but that's ok with me as I have had my fill of black bodied lights. I need variety in my collection.

Ed.