Anyone dropped their E2e ?

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was wondering about SF's reliability, I shouldn't though since many of you guys speak so highly of them. I wanted to know if they really live up to their claims, and are as durable as it looks. I've dropped my US, and Scorpion many times, and everytime it worked. Has the E2e survived rough service for any CPFers?

Darell

Flashaholic
Al (size15s) is the resident Surefire abuser. You should see what he's done to his new G2z! I hope he'll chime in here and give you the skinny.

B@rt

Flashaholic
For your entertainment...
Al's abused G2Z
shocked.gif

fd54d4c8.jpg

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
The lens crack? Om Mi Gosh! What did you do? Dump them in a trash compactor?

Owen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dropped mine a couple of times. Once on carpet, once on a steel floor at work from about waist height (while it was on, if that matters). Must be lucky...landed longways, and didn't even scratch it. Not much in the way of abuse, but it hasn't hurt the light.
I've used the butt of my Stinger as a hammer, though. Don't think I'll be doing that with my E2e. After some of the stuff I've read here, I really don't trust the SF lamp assemblies very much. I think the bi-pin design of the Stinger lamp makes it alot more shock resistant than one that is fixed in place. Or maybe I'm way off base...

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I've dropped, kicked, scraped, dragged my E2e and it still works. I've been lucky because as with any light, the weakest point is the filament. I have no doubt that the light will survive almost any abuse from normal use. It's a matter of luck if your filament survives.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've dropped my E2 on cement, carpet, tile, terrazzo, many times (clumsy me, no really I can be that clumsy). On my first battery change I was in mid show and needed light fast. I unscrewed the bezel and the lamp assembly goes flying and hits the cement floor. Even after this, all the original components are working perfectly to this date. I've had it for about 8 months now.

Well... except for the clip, I mangled that pretty good putting it in my holster so I removed it (bent it almost all the way back). It was always in the way and I never used it.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Yes, it took me a while to do that to the G2Z.
I'm still doing that to the KL1 & KL3...

The E Series are light-weight and very robust. The MN03 is about the most stable bulb ever.

Al