Looking for quality throwers...

CHAMO

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am new at the forum and I am really learning a lot... I just bought my first real flashlight, a surefire lx2, and I am really happy of what a little flashlight can do, specially the throw capacity of it, it's amazing... Well, I don't have any other real flashlight to compare with, and I would like to hear from you, recommendations for quality throwers.. Price is not a problem and I would like to keep it not too big... Thanks in advance for your help...

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out the Jetbeam RRT-1 or the Dereelight DBS.

The DBS has a long standing tradition of quality and top of the line throwing capabilities.

The RRT-1 is a new light, but Jetbeam themselves are known for their quality also.

I was really impressed with the RRT-1 beamshots. However, you will notice it's too close to the DBS to really matter. Thread found here. You will notice the DBS looks warmer but that is because it's using a Q2 LED. A Q5 would give you a brighter light which would even out an almost unnoticeable difference.

However, search for "throwers" and you will find a TON of beamshots out there. This one has a lot of throwers.

BMF

Enlightened
Let me be the first one to say :welcome:

I believe Tiablo A10 is still a king in throw.

The best throw is DEFT, next in line is Tiablo A9 with aspheric lens.

CHAMO

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your help... I am leaning to jetbeams m1x and rrt-1 ... What do you think about the difference between sizes..?? In other words, How about the power - size comparison..?? Is it worth to have the m1x ( bigger ) ? Or the rrt-1 will do almost the same..?? Sorry, If I didn't explain myself good enough...:thinking:

Fusion_m8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Aspheric Tiablo A9 counts as a modded light, not factory standard. So we're considering modded lights now are we? If thats the case a 6D maglite driven at 24v with a SSC P7 or MC-E drop in and an aspheric lens would decimate the Aspheric A9... over 100K lux throw!:popcorn:

Tiablo A9 with aspheric lens > Tiablo A10 > EagleTac M2XC4 3*R2 > Thrunite catapult SMO > M1X

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only problem is that he mentions that he does not want it too big, and the 6D Mag would be a little big.:thinking:
Aspheric Tiablo A9 counts as a modded light, not factory standard. So we're considering modded lights now are we? If thats the case a 6D maglite driven at 24v with a SSC P7 or MC-E drop in and an aspheric lens would decimate the Aspheric A9... over 100K lux throw!:popcorn:

Light11

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for your help... I am leaning to jetbeams m1x and rrt-1 ... What do you think about the difference between sizes..?? In other words, How about the power - size comparison..?? Is it worth to have the m1x ( bigger ) ? Or the rrt-1 will do almost the same..?? Sorry, If I didn't explain myself good enough...:thinking:
M1x is bigger and more powerful.... you might wanna check out selfbuilt's review on the review section.:tinfoil:

Latest posts