Petzl RXP Question...

rubber ducky

Newly Enlightened
Hi. Complete newb here, but have lurked and searched the forums and it's been very helpful... Many thanks!

Now, on to my question. I'm getting a RXP, and was thinking of modding a 4AA battery pack onto it - or using one of the older headlamp battery packs that I've got laying around. Since the RXP is regulated, would there be problems going to the 4AA route, or better yet, the older 4.5v battery packs? How about CR123s?

Again, since it is regulated, I am assuming that the output wouldn't necessarily change, but the runtime would be increased? And would the output be increased in the non-regulated modes?

I apologize for the sophomoric questions, but with the amount of knowledge here I figured I'd get a no-bs answer...

Much appreciated,

rd

Szemhazai

Enlightened
The light output would not change, the burn time will slightly increase about 30%. The RXP is good as is it is, the battery pack change don't give you so much as I't will give on XP meodel.

You can use 4AA (4x1,2V NiMH) packs without problems, but 2x CR123s may damage the headlamp.