SF Spare Carrier

Hef

Newly Enlightened
I want to p/u a SF spare battery carrier, my local fun shop has the SC1 & SC3. I have a E1B and a LX2, which spare carrier do you recommend.

Thanks

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to p/u a SF spare battery carrier, my local fun shop has the SC1 & SC3. I have a E1B and a LX2, which spare carrier do you recommend.

Thanks

Depends how many batteries you want to carry:

The SC1 holds 6 SC123 batteries and a P60 lamp
The SC2 holds 6 CR123 batteries and 1 MN series or MA series lamp
The SC3 holds 4 CR123 batteries and a MN01/02/03 or Aviator lamp

However, since both of your lights don't need a spare lamp module, you just need to decide how many batteries you would like to carry.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recommend the SC1, as jp2515 mentioned it can hold up to 6 cr123's and it's not much bigger than the SC3.

I have 2 and they are solid cr123 carriers, not to mention nice looking as well.

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 to what jp said.

If you have plans to buy any lamp using lights in the future, take that into consideration. Otherwise get either the SC1 or SC2!

Hef

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I went to the fun shop and p/u a SC1, nice spare carrier and they had 15% off on SF products. I think I am hooked on SF, I have a E1B and the LX2. As fas as I am concerned I have the two perfect lights for my applications, but i'm sure I will think of a reason to buy another.......I really like the U2 Ultra :eek::eek::eek:!!!

Last edited:

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
You have been bitten!

:devil:

SurefireFamilycopy.jpg

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, I went to the fun shop and p/u a SC1, nice spare carrier and they had 15% off on SF products. I think I am hooked on SF, I have a E1B and the LX2. As fas as I am concerned I have the two perfects lights for my applications, but i'm sure I will think of a reason to buy another.......I really like the U2 Ultra :eek::eek::eek:!!!

You need a U2 Ultra! :devil:

IMG_6428.jpg

Retinator

Enlightened
The spares carriers are one thing that you don't need to be a Surefire junkie to appreciate.

I would recommend them to anyone with a 123 based light.

Since they are all the same price,a 6 cell carrier would be best. And the SC1 will also hold some backup LA's, even P60L's if you wanna be extra prepared.

Does anyone know if the Malkoffs (sp?), or other dropins will fit well in them?

Admittedly, mine sits in my desk most of the time, but always comes with me for a hike or if the weather is bad.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
If you don't need to carry and extra bulb - why not just get a pelican 1010 with 15 cr123 foam insert or 1020 with 24 cr123 foam insert from lighthound.com ?

jp2515

Flashlight Enthusiast
The spares carriers are one thing that you don't need to be a Surefire junkie to appreciate.

I would recommend them to anyone with a 123 based light.

Since they are all the same price,a 6 cell carrier would be best. And the SC1 will also hold some backup LA's, even P60L's if you wanna be extra prepared.

Does anyone know if the Malkoffs (sp?), or other dropins will fit well in them?

Admittedly, mine sits in my desk most of the time, but always comes with me for a hike or if the weather is bad.

Negative, a Malkoff module will not fit into a SC1 (I tried, the module is too tall)

If you don't need to carry and extra bulb - why not just get a pelican 1010 with 15 cr123 foam insert or 1020 with 24 cr123 foam insert from lighthound.com ?

Admittedly 6 batteries in the carrier doesn't weight too much. 12 or 15 batteries inside a Pelican case has some weight behind it. I'm not sure what the OP has in mind for his spares carrier but if he wanted to go light I would recommend a 4 x CR123 carrier from Tools Aviation/PowerPax since he has all LED lights.

Hef

Newly Enlightened
I went with the SC1 and am glad I did. It will fit my needs, I will probaly p/u another to keep one in the house and one in the truck. Both of my lights are LED so no need to keep an extra lamp.

The SF SC1 will easily fit in a backpack,suitcase or really any place without taking up much space.

Size15's

Flashaholic
For LED models (LX2/A2L etc) I tend to use SC3's because they are more compact and rather cute. For most applications I've never found myself needing a third replacement pair of SF123As. For long durations away [on holiday] or when I know I'll be using a lot of light then an SC1/SC2 to give me the third pair does make me more comfortable but usually I prefer the SC3 for normal use.