P60L's Substitutes?

Tiresius

Enlightened
If I recall, the p60l can be replaced with better dropins. I've looked at the malkoff and they're too expensive to get.

Anyone knows another type of emitter within the $20 range? The one on my G2 broke after it dropped from my desk to the ground--having the weight of the batteries crush the inner spring.

I'm just looking for a brighter emitter with a little more throw than the p60l but trying not to sacrifice battery life.

stallion2

Enlightened
crushing the inner spring??? thats an incident i've not yet heard of. are you sure you can't resolder the spring. the only dropins i've seen for $20 or less are on DX or Kaidomain, etc. but they are all fairly high output and may get a little too warm in a G2. i've had a G2 for a few years and started using it again a couple months ago because i bought some P60 dropins from DX (an R2, a Q5 and an MC-E). all 3 have worked pretty well, i used the R2 for awhile w/out heating issues but had never left it on for long. for now i have one of Thrunite's XP-G R5 dropins in my G2 since receiving it a couple weeks ago. its not a thrower but the XP-G's have better output than XR-E's while running lower amps...but they are in the same price range as Lumens Factory.

Tiresius

Enlightened
crushing the inner spring??? thats an incident i've not yet heard of. are you sure you can't resolder the spring.

The impact pushed the inner spring hard enough that the circuit board was destroyed. Had a burnt smell of electronic parts when trying to turn it on.

Currently looking @ the list from the link given me. Cant figure out which groups of dropins from lumens factory fits.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
interesting.. I've never heard that happen to a P60L module.. even Sgt. LED's testing could not destroy one by normal means..

stallion2

Enlightened
The impact pushed the inner spring hard enough that the circuit board was destroyed. Had a burnt smell of electronic parts when trying to turn it on.

Currently looking @ the list from the link given me. Cant figure out which groups of dropins from lumens factory fits.

so is the force of gravity exceptionally strong at your location? do you live directly over the LHC at CERN?:laughing:

two other sources worth a look are 'the sandwich shoppe' or do a search for nailbender's posts. not sure if there's anything useful in the $20 range but the wealth of information alone is worth the effort.