• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Modded Energizer headlamp to use XP-G-R4!

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Modded Energizer AA headlamp to use XP-G-R4!

I'm selling a energizer headlamp that I modded with a Cree XP-G R4 emitter. I did this to make the headlamp brighter and more efficient. The headlamp has not been used other than 5 minutes or so of testing... To mod the light it required unscrewing some of the plastic components, inscrewing the LED from the heatsink and de-soldering it. Then I applied some artic alumnia to the heatsink and cut down the XPG mounted on the 14mm board down to the correct size. Then I put the 2 origional screws in to hold it in place, and soldered to the board.

Energizer rates this headlamp @ 60 lumens on high with the stock Q2? Cree emitter. With the emitter swap it should be about 100 lumens or so... Seems to draw about 1A from a fresh AA cell on high.

Specs:

Model: HDL1AA0DE
Power source: 1 AA
Lamp: White Cree LED + 2 additional LEDs
Modes: 3 -White,Adjustable Brightness from 100% to 6%, red
Runtime: 2 Hours
Max Output: 60 Lumens white light (should be 100+ now)
Weight: 58g without battery
Dimensions: 3.75 x 1.25 inches

Picture:

energizer%20headlamp.jpg

Light UI:

Turn on the light by tapping the on button. Change the brightness level by holding down the same button until the desired level of brightness is reached.

If you press the button the left side of th elight, it will turn on two red LED's.

Price:

$39.99 + shipping.

Light seems to go for $29.99+ most places online + the XP-G R4 cost me $9.

Payment:

PM me for paypal email. Will also take a USPS money order.