And yet another X10?

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I put it on the charger tonight completely dead and the green light goes on after five minutes? I then remove it and try again the same thing. So I then fire it up to so what kind of charge it has, well not much it got about one minute on high. I then tried it a third time and it is still going after one and half-hours. Any idea's?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Did you discharge it fully? Maybe one of the cells reversed polarity?

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
The charger is detecting a false peak, from a overly discharged cell...Unfortunately, this is a problem with rapid chargers. A battery with that kind of problem needs to be slow charged to capacity to equalize the cells. But, since that can't be done with a 10X charger, what you described above is the only solution; charge it until you can complete a full charge cycle, just don't over charge.

--dan

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I'm glad I've held off on getting the 10X. I was all set to get one, until I heard the runtime that Sean was getting with his. Rechargable or not, I'm not getting a light that has only 12-15 minutes of runtime.

dwminer

Enlightened
Trying sticking it back in the charger, perhaps several times until it takes a real charge. This happens all the time with my new batteries both with model electric airplanes and our E-max trucks. I have lots of nicads and some of them have their own personalities, the last thing you want in a reliable flashlight. If the problem persists then do as Size15s says and give SureFire a call. They have great customer service. The 10X is a great light, don't accept anything but the best from it!
Dave

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by this_is_nascar:
I'm glad I've held off on getting the 10X. I was all set to get one, until I heard the runtime that Sean was getting with his. Rechargable or not, I'm not getting a light that has only 12-15 minutes of runtime.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't really understand what you mean. Surefire's stated HOLA output is 18 minutes & I get 14. The LOLA is stated to run 3 hours, I would guess it to really be 2 1/2 hours (I know of no other rechargeable that is the size of the 10X and runs 2.5 hours). It (14 minute HOLA time) sucks but why would you pass on the 10X because they overstated the runtime. The M6 won't do much better, maybe 16 minutes, not the stated 20. All manufaturers do this, even Surefire. The 12PM w/N62 is stated to run 12 minutes but get's nowhere near that at 500 lumens. My 10X trounces the 12PM. The E2 w/MN02 is suppose to run 75 minutes, I get about 65 before it gets noticeably yellow, as my 10X does at 14 minutes. I could run the 10X longer and overstate the runtime as Surefire did but why ruin the bulbs in the process?

Tombeis

Enlightened
Published runtime of 10X on both lamps is 20 minutes.

Published run time of 60 lumen lamp is 180 minutes. 110 lumen lamp is 160 minutes.

I have been getting roughly 17 minutes on both lamps.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Tombeis:
Published runtime of 10X on both lamps is 20 minutes.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Can you show me were you read this is. All the documentation I have says the 10X run time with both lamps is 18 minutes, not 20.

So let's fight about those 2 minutes!
grin.gif
wink.gif

twak.gif
icon15.gif