KL4 makes noise?

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the KL4 makes some sort of clicking sound when activated, and it's not from the switching mechanism either (i think).

Try it for yourself. Put the bezel to your ear, but not so close that it plugs your ear. GENTLY and SLOWLY push on the switch until it activates. You should hear a "click" when the light turns on. I have noticed, however, that the switch makes a similar "click" sound when it activates the light. So what i did was activate the constant on feature and backed out the tailcap eneogh where it does not light the KL4. Then i SLOWLY twist the tailcap until it turns on...you should still hear the KL4 click.

Please confirm this...i'm hoping i'm not losing my mind. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MicroE

Enlightened
LEDAgent---Confirmed. My L4 makes a clicking noise when activated. I have no idea why.

And now my ear is hot!---Marc

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Gee, thanks guys. Of coarse, I had to try this and of coarse my wife had to walk in while I was doing it. Now she thinks I'm really messed-up in the head. BTW, yes I hear it too.

LEDagent

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...i figured since i sucked and blew on it, i thought the next best thing was to hold it close to my face. Do you think i could sleep with it now? I'm scared that if i do, and i roll over it, and turn it on, it might get hot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JollyRoger

Enlightened
Don't worry, LEDagent. You CAN sleep with it! Just make sure the tailcap is unscrewed just enough so that if the switch does depress, it won't turn on....
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just tried mine, by unscrewing the tailcap a little, turning it on, and screwing the tailcap back on and off. There's definitely a very slight clicking sound coming from the KL4 head when it turns on. I'm guessing there's a coil in there somewhere that's making that sound as its magnetic field engages.

flownosaj

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's the rush of photons hitting the pyrex /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm thinking it's the regulator or something....

-Jason

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Tomas said:
Did she ask you what it said to you, nascar? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know know what the hell is going on. All I know is that after the suck and blow test, then holding it to my ear for several minutes, I had an great urge to have a cigarette after I was done.

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Shark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
this_is_nascar said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tomas said:
Did she ask you what it said to you, nascar? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know know what the hell is going on. All I know is that after the suck and blow test, then holding it to my ear for several minutes, I had an great urge to have a cigarette after I was done.

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif As long as we can hold it in our ears and turn it on without any light going through and bouncing off the opposite wall then I would say were doing OK. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic
well ... I have to admit that I spent a night with my EliteMax in my bed because I was so tired that I forgot to put it away after playing with it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
nice experience, you should try it out! although I admit that this little gem is not a hottie like your L4's ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif
bernhard