What do the rank codes mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

georget98

Enlightened
My LSH is rank P4K. What do the codes mean? Why is the serial number only 175 -- I thought they made a lot of these.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
not sure about the P and K, but the 4 indicates the led has a slight blue tint. about the serial number, arc probably doesn't ship out the lights in order of serial number, and sometimes older stocks of bodies lie around before being assembled into completely lights. the first arc LSH i got had a serial number of 848, but the most recent one i have has the serial number 016 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
hello again catman,

Some Arc LSx's came with the rank printed on the quality control sticker on the bag. If yours didn't come this way, there really isn't any way to find out the rank.

Pat

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
if yours has a cooler colour temperature with a bit of blue, then its probably a x4x rank LS. if it has a warm tint with some green or yellow, then its a x3x.

in any case, i'd choose a blue tinted led because i prefer the colour, and when it drops out of regulation it still remains white unlike an x3x which tends to become really green.

Status
Not open for further replies.