nitecore ezaa magnetic mount

milkshake

Newly Enlightened
hello, just wanted to show everyone my magnetic mount i made for my nitecore ezaaw. i have some of these magnets from when i worked at an automotive plant and they are very strong for their size. if you place them on a flat metal surface you usually have to slide them off the edge. we used to rivet them to vehicle interior panels at work. i found the smooth headed bolt in my parts bin and cut it down to a shorter length. i had to drill the hole in the magnet larger so the bolt would slide through. now i can pop this thing on any metal surface and work hands free. this will come in very handy when working under the hood and such. just wanted to share this with everyone. i thought it was a neat idea and maybe someone would like to make one themselves.

0000936u.jpg
0000940.jpg
0000946.jpg
0000944.jpg
0000945.jpg

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Nice work, milkshake. I like having a magnet on the end of lights. Superglued some on my Zebralight H50, Maratac AAA, and L0D. Might just put one on the QMini123.

Geoff

milkshake

Newly Enlightened
thanks flying turtle! i see a lot of good uses for having a magnetic base to attach my light to

batmanacw

Enlightened
thanks flying turtle! i see a lot of good uses for having a magnetic base to attach my light to

Great! Now I am going to have to make a swivel mount for mine using one of my Neodymium magnets. I have a design in my head. Just have to pick up a brass washer for the pivot to keep things smooth.

I will have to make it out of 1/2" aluminum and post some pictures after I am done with it.

ETA: The project turned out pretty well. I will post pictures later.

Last edited: