• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milky Project M X865.4 *SOLD*

hornady708

Enlightened
For sale is the light that made Milky cry and bleed, Project-M X865.4

Scott built this light specifically for Donn last year (http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=201150). It has a constant current red center emitter that is very useful on low at night to preserve your night vision and gives amazing color rendition on high.

Comes with the following, which is seen in the pictures
-KL2 Head with Ti Bezel (one spot missing ano as seen in the pictures)
-RPM Tail
-Leef 2X18650 Body

Asking $435 shipped CONUS (MO, Paypal Personal Transfer no fee, otherwise +3.5%), insurance extra if you want it

*SOLD*

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks

Project-M: This build complies with the general design architecture of my own Project-M builds. Please see this thread for more on that.

eXtreme: The build is a little too experimental in nature and/or not quite efficient enough to meet Project-M standards, receiving the "X" designation to indicate this fact. (Just occurred to me that NASA has long named their rocket-powered test aircraft using an "X" designation... the X15, for example... maybe at some level this influenced my own choice of lettering.)

X865.4: This light receives a nominal rating of 865 lumens max output. The rating is based on the guaranteed minimum output for each Rebel-100 emitter, adjusted for the output current they actually see. It is entirely possible the light might produce 900+ lumens, but I prefer to rate Project-M and related builds a little on the conservative side. As for the ".4" part... that indicates the head provides four brightness levels. (Actually it offers EIGHT levels, but we'll get to that.)

6x Rebel-100: Six white Rebel-100 emitters are present.

McR10-R: These are the reflectors used on the white emitters. They are McGizmo-produced and built specifically for the Luxeon Rebel series of LEDs.

AcornHC 1.5: The driver used for the white LEDs is the same one developed for use in the Gotham flashlight. This particular driver is set to deliver a maximum 1.5 Amps output current overall.

'C-Amity' Firmware: This is the version of software that controls the light's user interface as well as functionality in general. It's an offshoot of my current "Bailey" firmware and incorporates some tweaks Donn had requested to the brightness of the various levels. Includes a Miser Mode

1x Rebel R-O: One red-orange Rebel emitter is present.

SOB333: The driver used to power the red-orange emitter is an SOB333 constant-current buck converter.

Variable Color Enhancement: Similar to the various "Pinky" builds I've done in the past, except for one critical difference... normally a pinky build keeps the degree of color enhancement constant at the various levels of output... by contrast, this light is designed for the proportion of red-orange to VARY, with it most present at the lowest outputs, similar to the red lights some folks use to retain their night vision... and least present at max output, which is most likely being used for longer ranges where the enhanced color rendition would be least effective anyway... the contribution of the red-orange was tuned to provide optimal blending for color rendition purposes at MEDIUM output. (The light ranges from ultralow, to low, to medium, to max.)

Use with 2x Li-Ion or 3x123 Primaries: Doesn't matter which size lithium-ion rechargeable, just use TWO of them and all will be well. Use three and you'll have a nifty paperweight before too long. Likewise, 3x123 primaries is fine, 4x123 not so fine.

x8654.jpg

p1010150.jpg

p1010147sp.jpg

p1010137a.jpg

p1010135k.jpg

*Picture credit goes to GunSmoke16610*

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Re: Milky Project M X865.4

Look. I'm sure you have no interest in splitting up this light but if someone comes along and wants just the head I would be very interested in getting that body.
I can take the tailcap too if that helps any. :D

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

CR*P - I'm not supposed to be in buying mode - but 2x18650 is one of my favorite formats for users (WOW - this is THE dog walking light) (easier duty than industry light).

:takeit: If I am in time - if not it was not meant to be.

I saw this light previously & droooool....

Will need to add the % for credit card pp - will also want insurance.

Neale

hornady708

Enlightened

Look. I'm sure you have no interest in splitting up this light but if someone comes along and wants just the head I would be very interested in getting that body.
I can take the tailcap too if that helps any. :D

Ask and ye shall receive, no interest in splitting but I do have another body, PM me an offer and we can talk, it will be kind of pricey though

eld6480.jpg

hornady708

Enlightened

CR*P - I'm not supposed to be in buying mode - but 2x18650 is one of my favorite formats for users (WOW - this is THE dog walking light) (easier duty than industry light).

:takeit: If I am in time - if not it was not meant to be.

I saw this light previously & droooool....

Will need to add the % for credit card pp - will also want insurance.

Neale

Its yours, I'll send you the total in a few minutes, you are going to love it

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

He ain't lying. You're going to be flabbergasted!

Here's an idea...pick up Hornady's SW01 on the marketplace, and replace the guts with clicky guts. That'll be a great light!

Thanks for the help Donn_ - thanks but, I don't really need any more help - I've got a bottle of red wine :drunk: open while I'm cooking dinner and that tipped the balance.

I've got a RPM tail with trits in it that will have to do for any upgrade on this! Oh, I suppose a AlTiN coated SS lanyard ring will need to go on this as well!

nfetterly

Flashlight Enthusiast

He ain't lying. You're going to be flabbergasted!

Here's an idea...pick up Hornady's SW01 on the marketplace, and replace the guts with clicky guts. That'll be a great light!

Thanks for the help Donn_ - thanks but, I don't really need any more help - I've got a bottle of red wine :drunk: open while I'm cooking dinner and that tipped the balance.

I've got a RPM tail with trits in it that will have to do for any upgrade on this! Oh, I suppose a AlTiN coated SS lanyard ring will need to go on this as well!