Which to get: Hard Anodized or Gun Metal? What's your preference and why?

Size15's

Flashaholic
Re: Which to get: Hard Anodized or Gun Metal? What\'s your preference and why?

I have the E1-GM but I'm getting the E2-HA. Because I have the E1 on me all the time, it's protected in my pocket, and in my hand against scratches and dents. I've tested the HA coating on many SureFire parts and found it to be incredibily scratch proof. The old SureFires; the Classic Series, black was pretty easy to scatch. The new Black (like on the 9AN etc)however is also hard anodised

Personally, I only have the GM for showing off. The HA Millennium Grey does look really cool too. Very futuristic.

Al

Bucky

Enlightened
Re: Which to get: Hard Anodized or Gun Metal? What\'s your preference and why?

Clay,

I guess it depends on your opinion and on your use for the flashlight. To me, the GM looks a little nicer when dressed-up or the like. It looks a little more "professional" like a nice watch or pen. The HA though does have the advantage of being almost sratch-proof and some people do think it looks better. If you drop your light a lot then maybe the HA is the better choice.

Look at how you use the light and then look to any color preference. If you can't decide then do what I will probably eventually do - get both
smile.gif

Bucky

Clay

Newly Enlightened
Which to get: Hard Anodized or Gun Metal? What\'s your preference and why?

Looking at an E2. My E1 has scratches already and I am leaning toward the Hard Anodized E2. What do you guys think?