"Candleholder" for Surefire E2e

rodmeister

Enlightened
Just playing with my flashlight parts box and my brand new Surefire E2e. Most E2 owners know the Mini-Maglite filter holder fits the E2's.

I disovered the tailswitch of my E2e fits into the front end of the filter holder and can be used as a "candleholder" to illuminate a room provided the ceiling is white or light colored. The tailswitch snaps into the holder with a bit of pressure. This solution is superior to using an upended styrofoam cup because the holder can be stored on the bezel of the E2e.

I'm beside myself with my cleverness.
grin.gif

Ratso

Enlightened
Can the filter holder hold the Mini-Mag filters on the E-series for a cheap alternative to the Tip-Off filters?

rodmeister

Enlightened
It won't tip-off, but yes, the filters fit. My Mini-Mag filter kit came with red, yellow and clear lenses and they fit my E2e.

They also fit my ARC LS1.

AlphalphaPB

Newly Enlightened
Wow, very clever indeed. I didn't even know that the filter holder fits the front end of the E2e.

This is going to be one expensive-to-run candle though.
smile.gif

Thanks for the tips.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using the mini mag filters for my E1E for some time now, it's nice not to have all the F series filters from SF.

rodmeister

Enlightened
Oh yeah. I just discovered the Mini-Mag filter holder can be used as a "candlemode" base for the ARC LS with the new tailswitch.

I'm a flashlight newbie and it feels great to contribute new ideas to my fellow flashaholics.
smile.gif