28 Days Later ...

arioch

Enlightened
I just watched 28 Days Later, billed as "the scariest horror movie in years!" Didn't think it quite lived up to its hype, but I thought it was okay. It was one of those movies where the characters did a lot of stupid things and more or less irritated me.

It was filmed in London, for all of you Brits here, and although the camera resolution was not the best, it had some nice footage of the area.

What intrigued me (of course /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) was the use of a high powered spotlight by one of the characters that I did not recognize /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif . It was a handheld model with a trigger switch, and had a cord attached between the light and (presumably) a battery pack on the character's belt or back (could not tell; it was dark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif ).

I was just wondering if anyone else saw this movie and might have recognized the light.

Zephyr

Enlightened
I just watched the movie a couple days ago and I too think that it wasn't that scary as the commercial claimed it to be. I thought it was a good movie though w/ things to ponder about. I did not recognized any of the flaslights as well because we sat all the way up in the front and the film resolution wasn't all that great.

Mr. Bombastic

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
arioch said:
It was filmed in London, for all of you Brits here, and although the camera resolution was not the best, it had some nice footage of the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

We know that, I think it came out last year over here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Apparently they did the filming of the deserted streets at around 5am and had people running around trying to keep the few drunk public still around out of shot.

arioch

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I completely forgot! I had been reading about the movie since it came out in Europe late last year! I had also found it out on DVD, but not formatted for U.S. DVD players.

Actually, the reviews from the Europe release were almost all positive, which was why I was a little let down when I finally did get to see it. Although more scifi flick and less "it could happen" than 28 Days Later, I enjoyed Resident Evil more. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
...I enjoyed Resident Evil more....

[/ QUOTE ]

that's because resident evil had mila /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

arioch

Enlightened
Mmmm ... yes, Mila /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/drool.gif

Strangely enough, I did not think she was all that as a model (a friend of mine would have chewed off his own arm to hook up with her - I just didn't see it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif ). I did not think she was all that in the Fifth Element. Resident Evil was the first thing I saw her in when I thought that she was all that, and a bag of chips!

Latest posts