Surefire E2D LED Defender - Faulty.... Anyone else?

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
I've had a SF E2D LED Defender for about a month now, and like the light output and form factor of the light, but I think mine has developed a fault.

For the past couple of weeks, it has occasionally switched from low to high on its own, and more recently, the high beam setting has developed a pronounced flicker, sometimes reverting to low beam as well.

Occasionally, on low, it has switched off completely, and refused to relight in either mode, tonight being the worst yet.

Has anyone else had problems with their E2DL? Mine's the current 5/200 lumen version. As I write this, it's sitting switched on next to me, shining problem free, almost as if it knows it's days could be numbered, if it misbehaves again.....

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Contact Surefire, send the light in, get it repaired or replaced...

Not funny, but as it seems that works very well at Surefire! :wave:

RAF_Groundcrew

Enlightened
Contact Surefire, send the light in, get it repaired or replaced...

Not funny, but as it seems that works very well at Surefire! :wave:

Sadly, that looks like the course of action. The words "Unpredictable, Unreliable, Unacceptable" will be used on the returns note.

This is the first Surefire that has caused me any problem whatsoever, and sadly, it was the light that I had decided would be my EDC for the foreseeable future. Oh well, second time lucky, I hope.