Beamshots (Quark AA, Lumens Factory P60, Neutral modded TR801, L2D, UF C3)

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to compare my new Quark AA to some of my other lights and it did not disappoint. Here's a rundown of the lights:
Trustfire TR801 modded /w Q3 5A and forward clicky with Trustfire Black 2400 18650
Fenix L2D in Turbo /w 2 Duraloops
Ultrafire C3 in High /w Duraloop (this light can also run 14500s at more brightness but it gets too hot to even touch)
Lumens Factory D26 3-3.6V 3-mode in high in Solarforce L2 with TF Black 18650
Quark AA with TF Black 14500 and Duraloop AA in Max

TR801
tr801-1.jpg

Fenix L2D
fenixl2d.jpg

UF C3
ultrafirec3.jpg

LF R2
lfr2.jpg

Quark /w AA
quarkaa.jpg

Quark /w 14500
quarklion.jpg

Some general comments:
The LF R2 is nice and throwey with good spill intensity as well. L2D is starting to lag behind a bit. TR801 has most appealing tint to me. Quark outdoes the L2D even with only cell, on 14500 the output is very ample and with a nice useful beam.

Last edited:

Gazerbeam

Newly Enlightened
Wiggle, thanks for taking the time to photograph and post the pics, they look good! :thumbsup:

I could never get enough of comparative outdoor beam shoots.

How far is it to the tree, guessing about 40 yards? Is that an R5 in the Quark?

The Quark looks more than twice as bright on the 14500.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wiggle, thanks for taking the time to photograph and post the pics, they look good! :thumbsup:

I could never get enough of comparative outdoor beam shoots.

How far is it to the tree, guessing about 40 yards? Is that an R5 in the Quark?

The Quark looks more than twice as bright on the 14500.

Thanks,
The tree is actually closer than that but your estimate looks right based on the photo. It's more like 20 yards, it's a small tree. Also, my aim point was below the tree to show the dispersion on the ground which is my more typical use. I'd be happy to take another set pointed right at the tree or anything people wanted to see.

Yep the Quark is running an R5. I really love the broad useful beam it throws out there. Obviously can't compete with the Lumens Factory drop in for throw but that's an R2 in a considerably bigger reflector.

The difference between 14500 and AA is not as great in normal use once your eyes adjust but it is significant. Max seems to be the only mode affected much by 14500 over AA (except for strobe maybe but I never use it). I was very surprised that on AA the Quark is very close to the L2D Turbo, with almost as much runtime one a single AA versus the L2Ds two cells.

I generally use the Quark with 14500s. It is setup for Med and Max most of the time since those are the most useful modes for me. I like using 14500s cause they are easy to top off frequently for me, I'm pretty OCD about keeping my EDC cell topped off and I carry spare Lithium primaries especially in this colder time of year.

Casper507

Newly Enlightened
Wiggle, did you change out just the LED in the original piece or did you change the whole assembly with the LED included (not including the reflector cone) I'm kind of new so I'm not sure if emitter means LED or the LED and included processor boards etc. where/how did you get a forward clickie for the 801?:thinking: Did you make it yourself or was this a custom you purchased?
Thanks.