Quark 123.2 Were your packaging seals previously opened?

Brightsun

Newly Enlightened
My wife was so nice to get me a Quark 123.2 (R5) as a holiday gift. I really like the unit and run it on AW 17670 rechargeable batteries. It has replaced my Jetbeam Jet 1 Pro V3 as my EDC and I would recommend it to anyone. I did notice that the seal on the box was broken, as were the seals on the inner plastic packaging, however, it appears a second set of seals were placed over the original ones on the inner plastic packaging. My wife definitely did not cut the seals. I'm curious if anyone else has run across this recently? I wonder if 4Sevens has selectively audited these units for some reason. My tint seems OK, but I don't have any other R5's to compare with. Perhaps there is another explanation?

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Could be a couple things;

1. 47's crew were doing a QC check using random samples and resealed after checking out ok.

2. A return that was perfectly ok (which I'm sure they check out very thoroughly before sending out again).

3. something else :laughing:

If it looks nice and works good I personally wouldn't worry about it too much, but that's me, YMMV