Energizer Night Strike Series?

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did some searching around and didn't really find alot of information regarding Energizer's Night Strike Series of lights. Does anyone have any first hand knowledge or experience with these lights?

Here's some links with details, pricing and a short videos showing the product features (pretty neat really):

(Moderator note: Hotlinking not allowed IAW CPF Rules - MSax, you know that... Hotlinked pics removed.)

Swivel Head
(click for more info)

Handheld
(click for more info)

Compact
(click for more info)

Sorry for the shameless outdoor super-store plug, but their site seemed to have all the info neatly packaged in one place.... along with a mail-in-rebate offer from Energizer.

Anyway, if anyone has any first hand knowledge or experience, let me know.

Thanks,
MSax

Last edited by a moderator:

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
looks like a great light to me.

white blue green red and uv, and 100 xr-e lumens with a swivel head and waterproof for $80

whats not to like?

oh yea, if only it had titanium and a warm tint :ohgeez:

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
for a flashaholic, $70-$100 isn't really that much.
i'm not sure about others, but me personally, I tend to be skeptical of mainstream manufacturers offering "high end" products at high prices mainly due to impressions that the price is inflated by their advertising campaigns and aggressive profit seeking behavior (the mainstream manufacturer and the supermarkets).

i'd love to see reviews on these lights.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the 1AA Compact Light (clip light) at Gander Mountain yesterday for $69.95 and it's kind of fun. It'd probably be more fun with a green light that was always on, rather than blinking as a "find me" light.

One annoyance I've discovered is that the clip gets stuck on narrow belts, which makes quick removal from the belt to attach to a hat brim can be greatly hindered.

Some things I like about it:

1. Individual switches for each color light.

2. Three light levels for the white and red lights.

3. Can switch from red to white and back just by clicking the button for the color that you're going to, and the brightness levels will be the same when you come back to them. If you're in white low and then switch to red, then back to white, white will still be in low.

4. It remembers the light level, if you've been at that level for about three seconds or more.

5. The light feels good in my hand and the buttons are easily operated.

6. Nice, large hot spot for white.

7. The light can slip on to the clip from either direction.

8. The tail cap is tethered to the light, so it won't be dropped and lost while changing batteries.

9. No glare into the eyes when using it as a hat brim light.

10. When mounted on the clip, the light stands securely on a table at multiple angles from horizontal to 90 degrees.

11. It will tail stand on a level surface without the clip, but not real stable.

12. 1/8 turn of tail cap will lock it out all of the switches for safe pocket carry.

13. Clip is quite strong.

14. Tail cap has two large tabs for easy grip for removal or replacement.

15. Clip locks securely in the closed position.

16. Feels better on teeth for mouth holding than metal lights. Tastes better when mouth holding than rubber lights.

17. The tail cap tether and the switch for the blue and green lights are orange, which makes the light a little easier to find in low light if you drop it without any lights being on.

Some things I don't like:

1. The beam for the red isn't that pleasant.

2. It's a bit heavy when clipped to the hat brim.

3. It's profile is pretty thick when clipped to the belt.

4. Remounting the light on the clip isn't near as intuitive as reloading a light in a holster. Takes a bit of practice to get it back on the clip without looking or by feel in the dark.

5. Only 2 locking positions between closed and open to 90 degrees.

6. No momentary on for the white or red.

7. The green "find me" blinking light is brighter than it needs to be to serve that purpose.

Other observations:

1. Either the red or white lights can be shut off quickly without cycling through the levels if you haven't had it on for three seconds or longer and want to start it back up at the same level (other than the brightest level), by cycling the switch for the green "find me" light (or the blue light). For example, if you want a quick flash of low white, and want it to start up on low the next time also, turn on the green LED quickly and then back off. The light will then start back up in the low white setting, rather than the high white, as it would if you just turned the white on in low and then turned it off quickly using the switch for the white light, which would result in it starting in high white the next time.

The 8th Man

Newly Enlightened
I have 2, the Energizer Night Strike and Energizer Night Strike compact , the compact is nice, the little review done here by LightObsession is right on. I kind of like the green find me feature, it is bright but that's what makes it cool.

The Regular Night Strike is nice too, body is all weatherproof magnesium-alloy, very cool feel to it.

It has 2 switches covered by rubber, One for the white light and one for the red.

Modes are as follows,
White spot on, white flood on, Both on.
Red, High , Low,
There is a next-push-off feature for both colors which is nice.I just wish this one had a green light on it, I tend to like multi color lights with red and green. I like using green as a low light option for in doors.

All and all I really like both lights, they are well made and seem to be made to hold up under most outdoor conditions. The price may seem a little high for an Energizer light but they are not like anythning the company has built before. I think they would make a great addition to anyone's collection.

stallion2

Enlightened
i'll contribute to this thread, seeing as how i found it helpful. i purchased the swivel-head version and i'm quite pleased with it.
first off, rating the primary emitter at 100 lumens is pretty accurate. the beam quality is great, its a consistent beam w/out any aberrations. it reminds me of the beam profile on my LX2, but w/ a wider angle and lower output. the body, hinge, all buttons, switch and flip-top for the battery compartment all feel solid. the "magnesium" body is a little misleading...its more like a plastic case that may very well have magnesium in it but it does not share the characteristics of typical metals we see being used. there is a 3 position toggle switch that unlocks the buttons/ locks out the buttons/ activates the UV emitter. the other four emitters all have their own buttons and can be operated independently of one another. there are three buttons on the side of the main body for the colored emitters and the main emitter is operated by a switch in the tail cap. all four have three modes, no memory, they all come on at max output. its not the most pocketable light i've seen but is easily w/in reason. it is officially my bedside light since its big enough for me to find quickly in the dark and won't roll off the table if i bump it.

i've been doing some research over the past few months, trying to find if there are any particular wavelengths of light that would make it easier to spot morels. i've found no info one way or the other but when i spotted this light a month ago i knew it was the most convenient way for me to start experimenting...i have no experience w/ filters to begin w/ so this light was kind of a no-brainer for me.

one really cool feature that i was not anticipating is the battery layout. it can accept two AA's but can still operate on just one. if you happen to be a real runtime junkie then you can still carry two batteries in the light but by flipping one around you'll be able to operate the light on one cell while its actually carrying two...i've never seen anything like that before.

the only thing that gives me concern is that the light has a very noticeable buzzing sound. my guess is that its just the PWC...i sure hope thats all it is. if you can part w/ $80 then i would definitely recommend it. its too utilitarian to pass up.