Looking for a very small single cr123 thrower

Xtremespeed

Newly Enlightened
I know, I know. these lights aren't built for throw. Lol!

I'm looking for the smallest single cell with decent throw.

I am planning to use AW rcr123's. I really dislike floody lights
but I appreciate usable spill and I love good throw. I have a
DBS so I'm ruined for throw I guess.

I was seriously considering the Quark mini but I'm second
guessing myself, fearing it will just be floody. I know some of
the larger lights like the jet beam have better throw, but I
don't want anything near that big. The Quark mini or r2 are
about the size I'm looking for.

Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on the subject?

okiesi

Newly Enlightened
i love the size and brightness of my quark mini 123. im also looking for something more of a thrower and around the same size too!!

TRITON

Newly Enlightened
:) Hi, try looking at the ITP a1 eos. 1x 123a, 59.5mm long,3 mode twisty switch, 4,35,190 lumens. Got mine from Battery Junction,$24.95. I really like it, seams pretty throwy to me,xpe r2 led and very bright. It even has a pocket clip which can be removed.

CREEper

Newly Enlightened
You might take a look at the Lumapower IncenDio V3, I think the performance is great for the size.

Best, Mike

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I doubt any single CR123 can beat Romisen RC-C6 II in terms of throw.... since it's using convex/aspherical lens. :naughty:
Well, maybe another, but I'm not recommending that since it's not really small and made of poor quality.

Last edited:

drillbit

Newly Enlightened
You might also consider the ITP SC1 Eluma. It's not quite as small as the Quark Mini, but it's quite throwy, with a smooth reflector and Cree XP-E R2 emitter. It's also a clicky, rather than a twisty, if that's important to you.

Max_Power

Enlightened
Malkoff M30 in a Valiant twisty for 230 lumens with a balanced throw and flood... M30W for neutral white and 170 lumens... or use an M60 / M60W to trade slightly lower output for much less overheating with a RCR123. (Tiny lights are lousy heatsinks.) Or use your favorite 3.7V P26 drop-in.

I tend to use my little Valiant for things like reading menus and looking for something I just dropped, so blasting hundreds of lumens from it is becoming less important to me.

maskman

Newly Enlightened
I doubt any single CR123 can beat Romisen RC-C6 II in terms of throw.... since it's using convex/aspherical lens. :naughty:
Well, maybe another, but I'm not recommending that since it's not really small and made of poor quality.

+1 Turn the Romisen RC-C6 II on and get ready to smile.

moviles

Enlightened
+1 Turn the Romisen RC-C6 II on and get ready to smile.

I prefer the cheaper romisen rc-c6 than the rc-c6 II

the flux bin its important

but ez 900 and low vf for high current draw are the things most importants for the max lux@1m

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Dereelight Shorty should be the best thrower on 1 x CR123A, with y max of 10.000 Lux with the SMO reflector, 7.000 on OP.

What is that? The head taken from a Javelin and the body taken from a C2H! Currently unavailable because they are waiting to launch the XP-G probably, which means a few more LUX...

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Romisen is intriguing to me. I had the older style Fenix PD20 that I used primarily as my single cell thrower. For that price I just need to know if the Romisen RC-C6 II will out throw the Fenix PD20?

TriChrome

Enlightened
I think the only choice is something like the Romisen RC-C6 with asperical lens (or at least something that's focusable).

I've owned about 4 or 5 (what I consider) pocketable/EDC flashlights and none had decent throw past 80 feet or so, even 200+ lumen ones like the NiteCore SR3 and Extreme. I mean, past that range I could possibly see if it was a man or a child, but not much else. All this, of course, depends on your definition of EDC and how much throw is adequate.

Last edited:

moviles

Enlightened
with the RC-C6 /RC-C6II you will get the best size-throw ratio without mod

with the RC-C6 or RC-C6II you will get 9000-15000 lux@1m depending of current draw(high with low vf led), if the chip led its ez900 or ez1000 and the flux bin of the led

JWRitchie76

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel like the guy that just asked the really smart kid the difference between a hamburger and a cheese burger! :shrug: I'm not a gear head when it comes to all that I just wanted something I could compare it to which in my case was the Fenix PD20. Would the Romisen RC-C6II throw farther the the older Q5 Fenix PD20.

with the RC-C6 /RC-C6II you will get the best size-throw ratio without mod

with the RC-C6 or RC-C6II you will get 9000-15000 lux@1m depending of current draw(high with low vf led), if the chip led its ez900 or ez1000 and the flux bin of the led