Strobe recommendations? Eagletac come to mind?

AJC629

Newly Enlightened
Eagletac's website seem to have some great prices on some lights that put out considerable lumens and strobe-capable. Any recommendations in the $50-70 price range; either AA or 123.

Ziemas

Enlightened
I'm fond of SolarForce lights, they are decent quality, affordable, and take a P60 drop-in. There are several SF drop-ins with strobe.

MikeV

Newly Enlightened
Take a look at 4Sevens lights, they have a really good
disorienting strobe.

Mike.

TriChrome

Enlightened
What are you using the strobe for? I've found that different frequencies of strobe work better for different things, but my studies are anything but scientific (more like fooling around with friends).

My M1X is the only light where I've been able to program the strobe to be faster or slower; a little slower for instance wreaks havok on night vision because they NVG's can't auto-dim fast enough, whereas too-fast lets them adjust a little better (more like the flashlight being on regular high mode instead of strobe).

AJC629

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for a disorienting strobe that would hopefully fit it a pocket. Trichrome, very interesting in the speed of strobe you mention. The few that I've seen seem very rapid and will disorient someone and that's what I'm looking for. It is unlikely I'll need a strobe to circumvent NVG's around here.

As far as drop-ins go, I'm not familiar with anything other that "out of the box" lights, but I'll check it out. Thanks for the info!

AJC629

Newly Enlightened
So I'm on Solarforce website. Up to 300 lumen with strobe on (2) 123's or 250 lumen on (1) 123 or for $25?

Ultrafire 300 Lumens CREE LED 5 mode Flashlight 503B-R2M

Tank007 TK360-5 (which looks about the same size as my Nitecore)

These prices seem to good not to question their quality. Anyone else have a comment on these lights.

Ziemas, you mention a P60 drop in for these. Where do I look at those?

I purchased my Nitecore from 4sevens. Any lights imparticular to take a look at?

As another option, with or without strobe, how much for Milkyspit to make my SF E1L a flame thrower instead. :)

Last edited:

AJC629

Newly Enlightened
Uh oh. The Quark 123 running either 1 or 2 123's has my attention. So here we go, $25 or $70 for a light that will rarely get any use. My primary is my Nitecore and will occasionally use the SF.