Adjective needed for "combat boots"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
CAUTION: If your politics lean toward conservative, you probably won't want to help me out here, as discussed TooManyGizmos and me in the posts that immediately follow the screen capture.

You military types will have fun with this!
I'm writing a political video song parody that pokes fun at my countrymen. One line goes:

Lace up your [GoreTex, Wellco, Belleville, leather] combat boots 'cause--
You're American.​

My question is: Which two-syllable adjective will best suggest American combat boots being donned for battle?

As you can see, my brief research has yielded four possible adjectives. I'm wide open to others. The adjective must be meaningful to civilians, either inherently or by inference ("Ah, that must be an American manufacturer").

I also might change "lace up" to go for alliteration: "Buckle your Belleville combat boots..."

I should add: There will be funny visuals illustrating each line, so the listener won't be wholly dependent on the word(s).
Your thoughts?

Last edited:

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
well-worn

Nice! This suggestion will be hard to beat, since it instantly suggests that America has recently been sending its soldiers into many fights. I'm changing my draft to "well-worn."

But keep 'em coming!

Of course, I'll let you all know when I've posted it to YouTube.

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Next time , be honest , and state your intent for the usage of our suggestions .

You'll get no further help from me ... now that I know your motive .

Last edited:

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
patriotic
freedom-loving
liberty-dispensing
ever-lasting
liberating
duty-fulfilling
Sadam-stompin'

Not 2 syllables, I know, but these were just off the top of my head.

Mdinana

Enlightened
Jungle. It can be strung out into 2 syllables. Jungle/combat boots if you're looking for real obvious.

Steel-toe (for the USCG and USN types)

Vinniec5

Enlightened
SGT.LED Did you remember the scene in Falling down when Michael Douglas goes in the Surplus store for boots un-pc but funny as hell and still good for a laugh. Frederic Forrest was as nuts as he was in Apocalypse Now

"Chef was wrapped too tight for Vietnam,He was probably wrapped too tight for New Orleans"

Status
Not open for further replies.