New Flashaholic here from St. Louis!

Blackhatch

Newly Enlightened
Hi fellow flashlight enthusists my names ron and im new here,well not really as i have been lurking for quite a while! but im so happy i finally got settled down here in stl!

anyway i just moved here from ohio 2 days ago so i dont know ANYONE! but since finding this forum i must say from an emotional stand point this is EXACTLY what i needed to find so i could feel a little more comfortable in my own skin..its so weird but ever since i was little i have loved well made things,and i remember recieving a Maglight solitare from my grandfather who had gotten it from gm and i loved that light more then anything even though i was only about 10! I just loved how well made it was and would take it completly apart and put it back together several times a day!( i would so love to find another with the gm logo in the square black mag box)

Flash forward to now and im still combing the flashlight department at every store i go to hoping to find another light i cant live without!

haha and i finally see that im not alone!

any way i have really had to down size since i moved and i gave some of my lights away to friends in ohio so now all i have are:

1.inova X1 (newest gen i think,granulated reflector,no optics) Wonderful edc!
2.inova XO3 (smooth reflector, not sure what gen, but it has an octigon shaped led...i also had the granulated version of this light but i lost it:(
3. mini mag 2 aaa nothing special i put a 5mm led in it to use as a dim light around the house so im not blinding myself in the middle of the night with my inovas :)

ill get some pics up later but i keep my lights as perfect as i can and take very good care of all my "tools"

im also in love with edc pocket knives.

so far i have:
1.case xx red handle 2 blade(ace hardware limited edition)
2.gerber paraframe
3.older basic tools single blade made in the 70's thats minty fresh

so im gonna wrap up my introduction but i wanted to say thank you to everyone here for making me feel not as weird for my hobby! i love Flashlights!

anyone else here from stl? i know absolutly NO ONE here and im looking to buy/sell/trade and generally just chat about lights,knives,lasers,etc...

im really looking for nice pouches for my x1 and x03 and im also looking for a nice green or red burning laser.

anyway ill try to get some pics of my rigs but once again i look forward to getting more info and modding some lights!

also i saw at home depot they are selling the newest version mag led 2 aa for 10.00! i havent had a chance to pick one up yet but thats a steal! i had one of the first mag leds and loved it,i also experimented with the store bought drop ins,clicky end caps,filters,etc...been in love with mags for a while!

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

here's a few sites for you to check out

www.4sevens.com (use "CPF8" when checking out to get a discount)
they have a nice selection of lights, Quark, Fenix, Nitecore etc

www.shiningbeam.com (use "CPFuser" for discount)
great selection of well built budget lights, great for loaners, general use around the house etc, Romisens, ITPs and other brands too

There're a whole host of sites out there but the above are 2 that i have shopped with more.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome Ron. You are no where near weird and I'm glad you feel comfortable here. How can you not when there are so many members here that own thousands of dollars worth of lights and knives. This is a great forum with a wealth of info. My advice is to read and read and most members I have encountered are open to inquiries via PM. Have fun!

hatman

Enlightened
Welcome. I'm also from the St. Louis area, and I haven't found any local stores with top notch lights. I've bought everything but two lights online.

I second the recommendations for 4sevens and shiningbeam.

I too have recently started EDCing a pocket knife. I work in an office and need something that's not threatening. My favorites so far are the Mini Buck 425 and several of the keychain sized Spydercos with blades just under 2 inches.

Blackhatch

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the welcomes! any one else here from stl feel free to chime in..

also anyone know of any mods i can do to my mini minimag that would be brighter the the el cheapo doller store led i threw in it? been searching but no luck really..i was wondering if i could get an led from someplace commen like radio shack or something...

strinq

Enlightened
:welcome: man!

Don't forget the cpfmarketplace for all ur buying/selling and trading options. It's a separate forum and you've got to register there too. Enjoy your stay!

hatman

Enlightened
Blackhatch,

I picked up a minimag mod at REI, but it pretty much sucks.

Not worth the time or money, IMO.