What ARC to buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam_dznutz

Newly Enlightened
I am in my second week of flashlight collecting. I have so far purchased a Lightwave 3000 and a TurtleLite II.
I love my turtlelite but keep thinking that I want to buy an ARC, but what model? I hope someone will know which one is better than the other etc.

Saaby

Flashaholic
Buy them both
grin.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Get the Arc AAA. Both are marvelous flashlights. One will make your life complete--one you can live without.

The AAA is the one that will make your life complete. It's tiny and uses common, ordinary, stolen out of remote control AAA batteries. It will run for hours on dead batteries. It's small enough that you can and will carry it everywhere. It's indestructable. They've been frozen, stuck up 2-year old's noses (Or is it 2-year olds' anyone besides Kyra done it?). Theyre 100% waterproof--even if water gets into the battery compartment the light will continue to operate. Pick yourself up it, and a SS Clip from www.berkeleypoint.com (You can also order the Arc from them) and never look back--you won't want to either.

The LS is fun to have but it is an experimental, no no, it is a growing product with some growing pains. Among other things--you might get one with a pea green emitter...this isn't Arcs fault, they do all they can to avoid this, but it can happen. They're not completely waterproof. They're just not perfected yet. You can't even buy them half the time.

If you can get both then do it. If you can only get one, however, get the AAA!

Saaby

Flashaholic
Ah that age old question. In a word: No. Basically what you get for $12 extra is a different colored body. Get a standard AAA and use the $12 towards your next flashlight purchase.

PS--what does dz mean? and how does one become dz nuts?

iam_dznutz

Newly Enlightened
My ARC in on it's way !!! And to answer your question my name in Daniel and when I was young my friends thought I was crazy so they came up with dznutz.

Darell

Flashaholic
I sure am glad that I don't have to constantly be down in the trenches doing all the dirty work these days. Thanks Ryan
wink.gif

Live the Arc AAA. Love the Arc AAA. BE the Arc AAA.

Status
Not open for further replies.