Hacker request

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need a hacker. We have a phone system here at work. A Win 100D. It has been programmed by a company now defunct and we need a password to make changes in it. Anyone familiar with these systems? Is there a supervisor backdoor or super user password?

The previous company also did not disclose the password to us so they could keep the business. Worked huh?

Or if this is hinky then let me know and I will zap it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Can you contact somebody at the now defunct company (Or rather, who WAS at the now defunct company) or another company that deals in the same phone system? How about the manufacturer??

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I see it there are 2 other options:

1. Find another company which supports that type of phone system, and contract them to do something with it.

2. Find the documentation for it, and see if a complete system reset can be done which would reset passwords as well..

Graham

Pellidon

Flashlight Enthusiast
So far options 1 and 2 have come up lame. So is contact with manufacturer. I can't wait until they send a sales rep in to tempt us to buy a new system of thiers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
You aren't able to contact the manufacturer?

Hmm, well I guess that just leaves one other option...

Call up your local Lucent or Nortel rep and ask what sort of deals they can offer on a trade-in.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

By the way, if any of our vendors ever tried to pull crap like not disclosing passwords for systems we use(and own!!), they'd be out the door as fast as I could kick them.
I can understand wanting to keep system information secure so that people aren't tempted to 'fix' things, but any systems like that should have that information documented and locked away in a safe place, where your company can access it if necessary. After all, it is *your* equipment(I assume..).

Graham