Tailcap switch on Lamda Illuminator

kd7kmp

Newly Enlightened
I was playing around with the switch on my Illuminator. I took it apart, put it back together, switched it and it stuck. It will not light now. I tried taking the threaded brass insert out but it is stuck. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Kevin

Ginseng

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is the same type of mechanism that is in clickie ballpoint pens and the Mag switch core. You have to make sure the inner plastic part with the slanted teeth mates up with the slanted plastic teeth on the switch end. Also, make sure you did not inadvertently bend the fragile copper 4-arm contact in the switch core.

Are you sure you put it back together correctly?

Wilkey

kd7kmp

Newly Enlightened
I think I put it back together right, but it is now stuck and doesn't work. If I can't get it apart then I have to find a replacement.

Kevin

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Greg,

There is a lifetime warranty on their stuff. If you can't fix it just call Brinkmann's Customer Service at 1-800-527-0717 and tell them you have a defective switch on your Legend 2AA (might want to give them the color -- and might NOT want to mention it has been modified!).

They should get one (or sometimes TWO even) out to you in a week or so. Great service.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
my brinkman (3aa) switch crapped out also.

a quick phonecall and i got a new clicky withing a week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

kd7kmp

Newly Enlightened
Well, guys...I just realized that i've been trying to turn the brass insert the WRONG way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. Anyway, I got the insert out, flipped over the gold contact, put it back together and it works great. Thanks for the help.

Kevin

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
Yeah, it's one a those backasswards turning thangs, undoubtedly designed by a dyslexic guy...

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
MR Bulk said:
Yeah, it's one a those backasswards turning thangs, undoubtedly designed by a dyslexic guy...

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you mean Lysdexic?

Brightnorm

lambda

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, cool, problem solved. Sorry I had my head in the oven cooking Micros and didn't read this until now.

I'll add that I I've used R5 on the switches lately with amazing results. Very good stuff, lubricates and eliminates contact resistance. Worth the money.