Lumapower MRV SK problem

ovon

Newly Enlightened
I have purchased a Lumapower MRV SK. When I turn the light on within about 30 seconds of having turned it off, it will blink for a short amount of time and then go off and then go to full brightness (this is in less than half a second). It does not do this if I have had the light off for about a minute before turning it back on. This creates problems, such as with momentary use.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to fix this?

icpd30

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty new to the forums here, but I might suggest you post your question under General Flashlight, Lumapower section. I think you'll get some help there.

Conan

Newly Enlightened
I'm pretty new to the forums here, but I might suggest you post your question under General Flashlight, Lumapower section. I think you'll get some help there.

Wrong advise. That will take you straight to the Marketplace where selling happens not problem solving.

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, ovon.

Your question is perfectly OK here, and I hope someone will be able to answer it for you.

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
take it apart, clean everything you can see gently, many lights arrive with manufacturing goop and other anomalies in them. give it a good all over clean and rub down, and make sure when you re assemble it its all nice and snug.

if problem persists id be surprized.

ragweed

Enlightened
Excellent advice! The cleaning solved a flickering problem I had with a cheapo light.

ACHË

Newly Enlightened
I have purchased a Lumapower MRV SK. When I turn the light on within about 30 seconds of having turned it off, it will blink for a short amount of time and then go off and then go to full brightness (this is in less than half a second). It does not do this if I have had the light off for about a minute before turning it back on. This creates problems, such as with momentary use.

Does anyone else have this problem? Is there any way to fix this?

I have the SK Ultra (MC-E version of the SK) and It did this exact same thing...

Mine however did the "pre-flash" a lot quicker...maybe 1/4 of a second. I never posted anything since I never really got a chance to use the light, but I can see it as being annoying if one wanted momentary light a few times in a row.

Cleaning all the threads and lubing them with DeoxIt or similar products didn't help in my case...