How long is the warranty on a maratac AAA?

ynotfatboy

Newly Enlightened
How long is the warranty on a maratac AAA? I got mine here on a group buy so I don't have a receipt. Mine has work great since I got it but the last three times I have change the battery it is hard to make it work without flickering. I have cleaned it. Once I get it working it works fine till I have to change battery. I think it is bottoming out before the battery tube makes good contact with the pill.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That's a good question. I just looked at the card that came with my light and there is no warranty information. Probably it's mentioned at the CountyComm web site.

Geoff

MKLight

Enlightened
I have the Stainless Steel model and had some intermittent issues similar to what you have. I read in posts on the Maratac AAA thread that if you file down the top of the battery tube slightly and then clean it back up, it should work fine. Mine has worked fine ever since. Also, I'm not sure about the warranty, but as long as there are no signs of abuse, I think they will take care of you. The only issue may be the shipping charges. There are other tips and tricks on the Maratac threads.

Good luck and Happy New Year!
MK

Patriot

Flashaholic
How long is the warranty on a maratac AAA? I got mine here on a group buy so I don't have a receipt. Mine has work great since I got it but the last three times I have change the battery it is hard to make it work without flickering. I have cleaned it. Once I get it working it works fine till I have to change battery. I think it is bottoming out before the battery tube makes good contact with the pill.

If it's "bottoming out" that would mean there is zero gap between the bottom of the head and the shoulder of the body. This would be very unlikely.

Remove the head and battery, place some 320 grit sandpaper on a mouse pad, place the mouth of the battery tube on the sandpaper and apply 3-4 twists in each direction while holding as flat as possible. Clean the mouth and threads with a dry towel and relube. Reassemble and retry. That normally takes care of the symptom. If it doesn't ......

Start by sending them and email and tell them the problem and let them know that you're a CPF member. We seem to get special treatment from CC. Above all be nice. :)

As far as there return policy goes. See County's FAQ page. Remember though, if you light hasn't been damaged you'll very likely be well taken care of as a CPF member.

Last edited:

ynotfatboy

Newly Enlightened
A pencil eraser on the + contac of the pill seemed to work. Testing...
(Above all be nice. :)):huh::thumbsup:

ynotfatboy

Newly Enlightened
I put a small piece or wire around the outside of the pill and it work fine so it is defiantly bottoming out or the pill is not making contact with the head.

SpyderHS08

Enlightened
Just got one of these lights this week, no issues here but I am curious as to if anyone knows what the warranty is as I just liked to be informed for piece of mind. :) awesome brass aaa light so far!!