How difficult to build flashlight?

hmm

Newly Enlightened
Well, I just got a the Ultrafire XPG flashlight from bestofferbuys, which I believe is the same one sold at kaidomain and dealextreme. They actually sent me a Q5, but then sent me the XPG and its reflector for free. Well, the Q5 bubble covering the led is quite large compared to the XPG, but fits well with the reflector with the large opening. The reflector that they sold for the XPG is not so good. The bubble is behind the reflector and I feel that it is partially blocking the led. Compared to the Q5, the XPG seems slightly less bright and has an outer ring outside the dimmer circle. So my question is two-fold:

Are there any cheap reflectors I can buy that would fit a WF-501B housing?

Last edited:

daimleramg

Banned
So they sent you the wrong flashlight, then to correct this error they sent you a bare emitter and reflecter so you can fix this problem yourself?

hmm

Newly Enlightened
they sent me a drop in.

Edit:
Original Mistaken Q5

U3v4Vl.jpg

"Corrected" XPG Shipped from China
yEmAZl.jpg

DhcO3l.jpg

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The XP-G has a larger die, so the hotspot would be wider then with a XR-E, which could make the XP-G seem dimmer. The drive current could also be different, which will change the output.

If it's a P60 type drop-in, then there are some P60 drop-in kits that should work.