• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired ~~2nd price drop!! NEW P7 and MCE 3D Maglites!~~

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
FS: NEW P7 and MCE 3D Maglites! MC-E SOLD!

I just finished making these, and I'm putting them up for sale!

Specs:
  • New 3D Maglite
  • LiteMANIA D P7 heatsink
  • Artic Alumina Epoxy for LED
  • Artic Alumina used for the heatsink
  • Direct Driven
  • Stock cutdown reflector
LED Bins: P7 DSWOI & MC-E K01 Flux bin, WF Color bin

Pictures:

mceandp7.jpg

mce3d.jpg

p73d.jpg

Price: was $75.. $70... now $65 each + Shipping ($5-9 for US, depending on location via Priority Mail w/ Tracking).

Payment: Paypal (PM me for address) or Money Order

MC-E SOLD. Still have the P7!

Last edited:

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: NEW P7 and MCE 3D Maglites!

Forgot to mention what type of batteries you can use. You can use D alkaline but amperage will be ~2A. With freshly charged Ni-mh's it's around 3-3.5A. For testing purposes, I run these lights off 3xAA eneloops in D adaptor shells.

Also, the MC-E emitter has Artic Alumina epoxy around it, painted black with some acrylic paint, so it matches the heatsink and body of the light pretty well.

WillJitsu

Newly Enlightened

Forgot to mention what type of batteries you can use. You can use D alkaline but amperage will be ~2A. With freshly charged Ni-mh's it's around 3-3.5A. For testing purposes, I run these lights off 3xAA eneloops in D adaptor shells.

Also, the MC-E emitter has Artic Alumina epoxy around it, painted black with some acrylic paint, so it matches the heatsink and body of the light pretty well.
What kind of lumen output are these capable of using the 3xAA eneloops in the D adapter shells?

jwyj

Enlightened

Which has a smaller hot spot when focussed to the limit?
That would bave better throw, right?

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast

What kind of lumen output are these capable of using the 3xAA eneloops in the D adapter shells?

800-900 LED lumens or more (because of a slight over drive with freshly charged Ni-mh's).

Which has a smaller hot spot when focussed to the limit?
That would bave better throw, right?

The MC-E has the smaller hot spot (the die's are closer together) and offers more throw. I'd say the hot spot is about 30% smaller than the P7. Brightness of both lights is pretty darn equal. The MC-E throws a little farther...

WillJitsu

Newly Enlightened

How do these lights compare to the Malkoff 3D Cell XPG drop-in in terms of throw?

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast

How do these lights compare to the Malkoff 3D Cell XPG drop-in in terms of throw?

While I've never seen or owned the Malkoff XP-G drop in, I have made a couple XP-G maglites, and the throw is pretty comparable to the P7/MCE. The P7/MC-E beam's are definitly more floddy in nature because of the 4 dies, but the light output is going to be 3x what an XP-G is, and its probably 3x as floody as well.

Hammer Train

Banned

Why aren't these sold yet? I received a modded mag from this seller and it is absolutely mint with a great job on the mod - much better that I could do (and have done) myself. Even if you're thinking of doing it yourself to save yourself a few $ I would honestly say it's better to buy one of these for the extra $ based on the quality of the one I received.nn

WillJitsu

Newly Enlightened

I'm seriously considering buying one of these. Couple of quick questions.

1) If I want more flood rather than a narrow beam, would the P7 be the better choice over the MCE?

2) I already have a 2D Mag. Is it possible to take the head out of this 3D and drop it in the 2D Mag or would that require a lot of extra work?

jasonck08

Flashlight Enthusiast

Why aren't these sold yet? I received a modded mag from this seller and it is absolutely mint with a great job on the mod - much better that I could do (and have done) myself. Even if you're thinking of doing it yourself to save yourself a few $ I would honestly say it's better to buy one of these for the extra $ based on the quality of the one I received.nn

Thank you! :thumbsup: And yes, I'm shocked they havn't sold yet... :thinking:

I'm seriously considering buying one of these. Couple of quick questions.

1) If I want more flood rather than a narrow beam, would the P7 be the better choice over the MCE?

2) I already have a 2D Mag. Is it possible to take the head out of this 3D and drop it in the 2D Mag or would that require a lot of extra work?

1) Both lights have an adjustable reflector. You will get a slight hole in the beam if you adjust it to a floody setting with the stock reflector. When focused to a spot, the beam is pretty decent, and there are not holes in the beam. The die's on the P7 emitter are spread out more than the MC-E, and the beam is about 30% wider than the MC-E. So if you want something a bit more floody, the P7 is the best choice.

2) The heatsink and everything is in the body of the maglite, which is surrounded in thermal compound. So its not easy or recommended to take things apart. Also, 2D cells will not provide the right voltage for this light. Since its direct driven, it requires either 3 Ni-mhs, alkalines, or a single lion (or multiple lions in parallel) to make about 3.6v. If you wanted something smaller, you could always have it cut down to 1D size, then use a D sized li-on or a 18650 in a sleeve.

Let me know if you have anymore questions! Thanks!

Farnsrocket

Newly Enlightened
Jason, I am very interested in your P7 flashlight.......I am waiting for the Mods to let me post and PM you!

edit: Looks like I can post now.
Can you email me? I just have a few questions. Thanks!
[email protected]

Last edited: