Warm Tint Sales

Packet-Storm

Newly Enlightened
Anyone else noticing the number of sites where the warm tint lights are all sold out. The lumen ratings seem to be higher on the white / cool-white light, but I find that I prefer the beam on the white to slightly yellow models. Funny how the 4Sevens warm tints were gone, the Nitecore warm tints were gone. Don't know if it is all the flashaholics or the public in general who snatched them up. What say ya'll?

hron61

Flashlight Enthusiast
i only own one warm white light i do prefer cool white though, but it seems to be a little easier on these old eyes of mine. its a nice creamy type of light. so im thinking maybe others think the same?

Paul_in_Maryland

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Warm Tint supply: A simple solution

Coming from the Incan world, I'm a "strictly warm" LED Head. I think that most of us who prefer warm tint will buy nothing else. The demand, in other words, is inelastic. That being the case, warm lovers like me ought to be willing to pay a premium. I can't cite a source (corrected from "course"), but I think I've read that warm tints cost more to make. If that's so, consumers ought to be willing to pay more. That would equalize supply and demand.

Last edited:

Snow

Enlightened
I agree with Paul. As an incan user, I can't deal with the cool white tints. It is warm or nothing for me. It has been a long time since I bought a light that doesn't have a warm tinted LED.

bansuri

Enlightened
It is a problem for me. Now I've started replacing the emitters in my lights to get them to suit my needs.
Got some nice Crees from Shiningbeam, got my LF2X looking fantastic!
If not warm, at least neutral. Cool is just too blue.

Packet-Storm

Newly Enlightened
I've been walking around the house for the past three days playing with a new a new light with the Q5 and it is very white (not quite blue) but I find myself staring at the beam, rather than looking what I'm shinging at. I guess I'm not smart enough to own one of these lights. Just put a shiny/flashy object in front of me and I'll be entertained for hours. :grin2:

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
Warm/Neutral LEDs seem to be harder to come by, so any lights that use them are usually made in small batches.

The only warm/neutral tint light I have (it's actually a P60 drop-in) I built myself.